Disks for Toshiba T3100 laptop

  • Kelly Leavitt
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 21, 2008
      OT or not?

      286 AC powered laptop with 10 meg HD. Anyone have the disks or a source for images for the 3.2 boot disk and tools? How about a manual?

      It works, but it has a lot of real JUNK on the hard drive.

      Kelly
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 22, 2008
        Kelly Leavitt wrote:
        > OT or not?
        >
        > 286 AC powered laptop with 10 meg HD. Anyone have the disks or a source for images for the 3.2 boot disk and tools? How about a manual?
        >
        > It works, but it has a lot of real JUNK on the hard drive.
        >
        > Kelly

        Kelly,
        I have one of these computers, and have been trying to give it away for
        a year....I can't remember what's wrong with it, I believe I have a
        power supply problem of some sort. I may have the disks, I can check,
        remind me if I forget.
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 27, 2008
          Kelly Leavitt wrote:
          > OT or not?
          >
          > 286 AC powered laptop with 10 meg HD. Anyone have the disks or a source for images for the 3.2 boot disk and tools? How about a manual?
          >
          > It works, but it has a lot of real JUNK on the hard drive.
          >
          > Kelly

          I dug out my T3100 laptop. It appears to work, but the power supply
          flakes out soon after boot up. The last time I used it I thought I was
          able to get to Toshiba DOS, but last night, no dice. Anyway...if you
          send me a working power supply I will return to you whatever OS my
          laptop has loaded (hoping it's the original Toshiba version) so you can
          boot and build with the original. If we're definitely getting together
          at InfoAge on 12/6 weekend, then I can bring the laptop then. I had
          been trying to sell the laptop for $20 (what I paid for it)....but I
          would be happy to trade you for it instead, and then you can remove the
          hard drive and install into your system. The display is excellent.
          Just let me know.
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 27, 2008
            For those of you looking for a way to interface your PC to a Commodore
            64/128, the MMC 64 and RR-Net are very useful and hard to find.
            Currently these are available on Ebay. Here is my how-to thread on the
            subject:

          • Mike Loewen
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 29, 2008
              I'm running low on AUI-to-10BaseT transceivers: does anyone have some
              extras they'd be willing to part with?

              Mike Loewen mloewen@...
            • Stan Brewer
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 29, 2008
                Mike,
                  Give me a day or two and I think I can round up a couple.  My wife's got to go in for a minor medical procedure tomorrow morning, but it might take most of the day.

                                                   Stan

                Mike Loewen wrote:

                I'm running low on AUI-to-10BaseT transceivers: does anyone have some
                extras they'd be willing to part with?

                Mike Loewen mloewen@cpumagic. scol.pa.us
                Old Technology http://sturgeon. css.psu.edu/ ~mloewen/ Oldtech/

              • Bill Sudbrink
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 30, 2008
                  I'm sure I have three or four in a box somewhere. If I run into them,
                  they're yours.

                • Mike Loewen
                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 3, 2008
                    My power supply modules arrived from Hosfelt Electronics, and they
                    work:

                    http://sturgeon.css.psu.edu/~mloewen/Oldtech/TI99/Black4A-7L.jpg
                    http://sturgeon.css.psu.edu/~mloewen/Oldtech/TI99/

                    If you need to resuscitate a 99/4A, you can't beat the price: $1.75
                    each. Model AC9500, on this page:

                    http://www.hosfelt.com/en-us/dept_19.html

                    Mike Loewen mloewen@...