Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: OT: Cats suck

  • Stan Brewer
    Message 1 of 28 , Sep 20, 2008
      Where did I say "the world would be a better place with no cats (save lions and tigers) " ?  I've looked through my e-mails, and unless I accidentally deleted it, I don't see where I said those words.  What I will say is, like people,  some cats suck, some don't.

                                                                                  Stan

      fairlanefastback wrote:

      Now hold on a second. First you agreed with Evan that the world would
      be a better place with no cats (save lions and tigers) and now we are
      down to only some?

      The cat that kills does not do so for pleasure. It does so out of
      instinct. It would eat the prey if it were hungry enough but as a
      housecat it is not. It does not have a brain developed enough to rival a human or lower primate for it to have a distasteful
      motivation. Instead your primate brain is inappropriately associating
      its mere behavior from instinct and projecting upon it a motivation
      only a more developed animal (like humans) might have.

      Cats that don't kill are no more morally superior, rather they instead
      are cats that have lost much of their instinct as starts to happen
      over many generations as domesticated animals.

      The cat has not got to go, except via nature perhaps, just like its
      prey has.

      --- In midatlanticretro@ yahoogroups. com, Stan Brewer <brewers@... >
      wrote:

      > Is it nature for SOME cats to kill for the sake of killing, while
      others
      > do not? Having grown up with cats as pets, I can tell you that it
      is
      > NOT in all of their nature to kill for the sake of killing. We had
      one
      > cat that not only never killed another animal but ate vegetables.
      She
      > even would bend a stock of corn, find an ear, shuck it and eat it.
      Man