Re: [midatlanticretro] Source for Atmel 29C256 Flash memory

  • Richard A. Cini
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 20, 2008
      Re: [midatlanticretro] Source for Atmel 29C256 Flash memory The actual part is AT29C256-xxPx. I can use anything faster than 150ns. The last field is C or I for commercial or industrial. Neither place stocks the PDIP part so I submitted an RFQ to see where we come out.

      On 9/20/08 8:25 AM, "Dan" <ragooman@...> wrote:

      Rich,

      You didn't mention which speed grade.
      You should check Octopart.com search engine.
      They usually have direct suppliers beside the parts sharks
      But here's a few different ones.
      http://www.qcomponents.com/SimpleSearch.aspx?param=AT29C256-12JC&field=All
      http://www.qcomponents.com/SimpleSearch.aspx?param=AT29C256-90TC&field=All
      http://www.questcomp.com/WebRFQ/zQuestDetails.aspx?pn=AT29C256-90TC&pnid=94650&stock=YesOnly

      =Dan
      [ Pittsburgh 250th --- http://www2.applegate.org/~ragooman/   ]

      Richard A. Cini wrote:
      Source for Atmel 29C256 Flash memory All:

          I’m resurrecting my P112 Z-80 SBC that I never finished a few years ago. Retracing my steps, apparently the only part I don’t have is a 29C256 (32k Flash RAM) chip. Many of the usual places I buy from no longer carry it as its discontinued. JDR has it for $14; I found it on eBay for $10 but before I pull the trigger on that, I wondered if anyone had a better source.

          I’ve tried Jameco, BG, JDR, Unicorn, Digikey, Mouser, Newark. Any pointers appreciated!

      Rich

      --
      Rich Cini
      Collector of Classic Computers