Dot Matrix printers

  • Kelly Leavitt
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 17, 2008
      Anyone need some? I have way too many. Mostly Panasonic KXP stuff.

      Free if you come to get them.

      Kelly
    • Bill Degnan
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 17, 2008
        Kelly
        you need to open up a store! Sounds like you've accumulated a lot since I was last at your house. It was good to see you this weekend.
        Bill

        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 17, 2008
          It was great seeing everyone on Sunday.

          I do have way too much stuff. I'm at the point where I have to move one computer just to work on something else. And this is after scrapping about 22 old pentium and 486 computers, giving away 3 apple image writers and two complete IIgs computers. Somehow, I've become a home for wayward Macs too. I originally had just one mac plus with external HD. I now have 2 of those, an SE/FDHD (thanks Bill) and an SE dual FD, a 7200, 2 G3s, and several others.

          I also ended up with two large boxes full of old (pre windows 98) software. Everything from various versions of DOS to windows 95 updates on disk, and many miscellaneous driver disks.

          Printers are the worst to store. Odd shaped so they don't stack well at all and without original boxes it is hard to find a substitute box that works well.

          I'd love to take over one of the spare bedrooms just to work in, but I have kitten problems. That is, we have a kitten and leaving anything out would be a bad thing. If he didn't swat it off on to the floor he'd be chewing on it. I can't even leave my iPod plugged in because he munches on the cable for it. He should be done teething in a few months and it will be easier. This morning he was climbing in my lunch bag and the bag and kitten went flump onto the floor as a unit.

          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 17, 2008
            Out of curiosity why are your "warehousing" so much stuff. Do you
            repair and sell these items for profit or something?

            --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Kelly Leavitt" <kelly@...>
            wrote:

            > It was great seeing everyone on Sunday.
            >
            > I do have way too much stuff. I'm at the point where I have to move
            one computer just to work on something else. And this is after
            scrapping about 22 old pentium and 486 computers, giving away 3 apple
            image writers and two complete IIgs computers. Somehow, I've become a
            home for wayward Macs too. I originally had just one mac plus with
            external HD. I now have 2 of those, an SE/FDHD (thanks Bill) and an SE
            dual FD, a 7200, 2 G3s, and several others.

            > I also ended up with two large boxes full of old (pre windows 98)
            software. Everything from various versions of DOS to windows 95
            updates on disk, and many miscellaneous driver disks.

            > Printers are the worst to store. Odd shaped so they don't stack well
            at all and without original boxes it is hard to find a substitute box
            that works well.

            > I'd love to take over one of the spare bedrooms just to work in, but
            I have kitten problems. That is, we have a kitten and leaving anything
            out would be a bad thing. If he didn't swat it off on to the floor
            he'd be chewing on it. I can't even leave my iPod plugged in because
            he munches on the cable for it. He should be done teething in a few
            months and it will be easier. This morning he was climbing in my lunch
            bag and the bag and kitten went flump onto the floor as a unit.

            > Kelly
          • Bryan Pope
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 17, 2008
              fairlanefastback wrote:
              > Out of curiosity why are your "warehousing" so much stuff. Do you
              > repair and sell these items for profit or something?

              Doesn't every vintage computer collector have multiple shelving units to
              store all of their stuff in their home?

              Cheers,

              Bryan

              P.S. I have more PETs then cats.. ;-)
            • Kelly Leavitt
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 17, 2008
                Stored in a closed basement with heat and humidity controls. I collect and repair for fun. I then trade for other "interesting" items or "play: with the different computers.

                At VCF I gave away 2 apple II GS computers and 3 Imagewriter printers. I picked up 5 10 meg bernoulli cartridges and a couple of books.

                --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com <mailto:midatlanticretro%40yahoogroups.com> , "Kelly Leavitt" <kelly@...>
                wrote:

                > It was great seeing everyone on Sunday.
                >
                > I do have way too much stuff. I'm at the point where I have to move
                one computer just to work on something else. And this is after
                scrapping about 22 old pentium and 486 computers, giving away 3 apple
                image writers and two complete IIgs computers. Somehow, I've become a
                home for wayward Macs too. I originally had just one mac plus with
                external HD. I now have 2 of those, an SE/FDHD (thanks Bill) and an SE
                dual FD, a 7200, 2 G3s, and several others.

                > I also ended up with two large boxes full of old (pre windows 98)
                software. Everything from various versions of DOS to windows 95
                updates on disk, and many miscellaneous driver disks.

                > Printers are the worst to store. Odd shaped so they don't stack well
                at all and without original boxes it is hard to find a substitute box
                that works well.

                > I'd love to take over one of the spare bedrooms just to work in, but
                I have kitten problems. That is, we have a kitten and leaving anything
                out would be a bad thing. If he didn't swat it off on to the floor
                he'd be chewing on it. I can't even leave my iPod plugged in because
                he munches on the cable for it. He should be done teething in a few
                months and it will be easier. This morning he was climbing in my lunch
                bag and the bag and kitten went flump onto the floor as a unit.

                > Kelly
              • fairlanefastback
                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 17, 2008
                  LOL. Perhaps most. But do they also have such new equipment as 22
                  Pentiums and 486s and a Powermac 7200 and G3s? Windows 98 software?
                  Thats a warehouse of not-new but not-vintage either. And thats before
                  you even get to the vintage stuff there it sounds like! :p

                  --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Bryan Pope <bryan.pope@...>
                  wrote:

                  > Doesn't every vintage computer collector have multiple shelving
                  units to
                  > store all of their stuff in their home?
                  >
                  > Cheers,
                  >
                  > Bryan
                  >
                  > P.S. I have more PETs then cats.. ;-)

                • fairlanefastback
                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 17, 2008
                    Thats cool. I am picturing the warehouse from Raiders of the Lost
                    Ark... ;)

                    wrote:

                    > Stored in a closed basement with heat and humidity controls. I
                    collect and repair for fun. I then trade for other "interesting" items
                    or "play: with the different computers.
                  • Timothy J Fagan
                    Message 9 of 9 , Sep 17, 2008
                      This one does... 4 overly packed units in one too-small spare bedroom...

                      Sent: Wednesday, September 17, 2008 1:24 PM
                      Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Dot Matrix printers