That's odd

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 16, 2008
      Message
      Yikes!  September is only halfway through, and we already have 422 list messages this month.  The previous high for a whole month was 415, way back in February 2006, when mostly the same people as now talked about mostly the same things as now.  That was the only time we ever cracked the 400 mark.  (You can see the monthly totals on our Yahoo group homepage in a nicely formatted table: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/midatlanticretro/.)

      The first list message was Jan. 18, 2005, which is seven months after Andy's fortuitous VC Forum post:
      http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcforum/showthread.php?t=982.  Before that, I just kept cc:ing a bunch of people.

      So if you take the halfway point between mid-June and mid-January, then you arrive at the September-October line, which means .... we're just about to turn four years old.  Damn, four years is more than a year longer than the longest time I ever had a girlfriend, and it's six months longer than the longest time I ever had the same job!

      Looks like I finally found something that's worth a committment.  Too bad it doesn't pay or have a pretty face.   :)

    • Brian Cirulnick
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 16, 2008
        wrote:

        > Too bad it
        > doesn't pay or have a pretty face. :)

        -----------------------------

        (Insert obvious joke/sarcastic remark here, followed by rimshot).

        Damn those open invitations to a remark. At least online, I don't have
        to catch myself and then ask "oops, was that out loud?"

        Daria was my hero.

        ttyl
        Brian C.
      • Christian Liendo
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 17, 2008
          Any status on the Videos?

          Have you seen them?

          I'm miffed, I was busy so I really didn't take pictures or videos like I would have normally done. I only took like 10 pictures and normally would have taken 5x that.

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 17, 2008
            Christian Liendo wrote:
            Any status on the Videos?

            Have you seen them?

            I'm miffed, I was busy so I really didn't take pictures or videos like I would have normally done. I only took like 10 pictures and normally would have taken 5x that.

            I have both video and pics, to be posted.  As soon as I got back from VCF and unloaded I had to prepare for class, etc. and have been too busy for anything else.   Plus, nothing new will be done until my KIM kit is finished.  I may just take it to work today...I am on a mission

            bd