VCF East Pictures

  • danlb_2000
    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 15 6:29 PM
      If anyone's interested, here are my pics from Sunday:

      http://picasaweb.google.com/DanLBoris/VCFEast2008#

      Dan
      Message 2 of 17 , Sep 15 6:32 PM
        Thanks, Dan.

        Also .... who are you? Please tell us about yourself, your interest in the
        hobby, how you found us, where you're located, etc.

        Message 3 of 17 , Sep 16 2:03 PM
          My name is Dan Boris and I am from Southern New Jersey, just outside
          of Philadelphia. I think I first heard about the group at VCF East 2
          years ago. I missed last year, but was there this year. I have also
          seen the groups table that TCF.

          Professionally I am a programmer/systems analyst, and also have a
          background and experience in electronics, especially electronic
          repairs. Both of these professions have helped lead me into the
          interest in retro computing.

          My first computer was an Atari 8-bit back in the early 80s, then I
          moved up to an Atari ST, so the Atari systems hold a special place for
          me. My primary retro interest is more in retro video games then in
          computing but I have acquired a couple computers along the way. I have
          a particular interest in studying how old hardware and software works.
          The results of some of the studies can be found on my web page
          (http://danb.atarihq.com).

          I am also into emulation having written emulators for the Atari 2600,
          5200, 7800, Magnavox Odyssey 2, Entex Adventurevision and numerous
          arcade games as part of the MAME development team.

          My current projects include repairing the Apple IIe I picked up at VCF
          this year, and am also looking into doing an emulator for the Gimix
          6809 system since I have recently acquired some software and
          documentation for it.

          Dan

          > Thanks, Dan.
          >
          > Also .... who are you? Please tell us about yourself, your interest
          in the
          > hobby, how you found us, where you're located, etc.

        • Mike Loewen
          Message 4 of 17 , Sep 16 4:07 PM
          • Mike Loewen
            Message 5 of 17 , Sep 17 5:45 AM
              Some folks at VCF were asking me about the photo album with the SAGE
              equipment in the movies. I maintain a site for that:

              http://sturgeon.css.psu.edu/~mloewen/Q7/

              Everything in the album is there, plus additional information.

              Mike Loewen mloewen@...
            • Matthew Mikolay
              Message 6 of 17 , Sep 20 3:24 PM
                Here's some of the pictures I took at VCF!
                http://s303.photobucket.com/albums/nn158/MattMikolay/VCFEast5/?albumview=slideshow

                PC World's data centers are currently under maintenance, so I cannot post my article yet.

                And I was wondering if it was okay to use photos of David Geeswin and Evan Koblentz in my article.

                Thanks!
                ~Matt

                Message 7 of 17 , Sep 20 3:28 PM
                  Message
                  No problem re: using your pics.  Our event is open-source.  :)

                  - Evan

                  Message 8 of 17 , Sep 20 4:51 PM
                    > And I was wondering if it was okay to use photos of David Geeswin
                    > and Evan Koblentz in my article.

                    Ok to use my picture as long as you spell my name David Gesswein

                    David Gesswein
                    http://www.pdp8online.com/ -- Run an old computer with blinkenlights
                    Have any PDP-8 stuff you're willing to part with?
                  • Matthew Mikolay
                    Message 9 of 17 , Sep 20 6:55 PM
                      Haha, sorry about that. Someone else posted a long time ago saying that your name was David Geeswin.

                      Thanks!

                      Message 10 of 17 , Sep 20 7:03 PM
                        Message
                        Nope.  I tried the 'search' feature in our Yahoo group just now.  Nobody ever wrote "Gesswin" here.

                        But I did find the mistake in Bill's blog!

                        Message 11 of 17 , Sep 20 7:58 PM
                          Hmm...maybe I'm just stupid then. Hahahaha! At least I didn't ask to use Evan Cobblentss's pictures!

                          Message 12 of 17 , Sep 20 8:04 PM
                            Message
                            Your mistakes are precedented: http://blogs.pcworld.com/communityvoices/archives/2008/04/adventures_at_t.html .... is there a trend developing here?

                            I * never * make mistakes.  Just ask Andy, Bryan, Jim, Herb, Bill....  :)

                            Message 13 of 17 , Sep 20 8:16 PM
                              Hahahaha, okay, okay. If you guys really want, I can post the article here for your approval before I post it on the PC World blog.

                              Message 14 of 17 , Sep 20 8:18 PM
                                Message
                                Nah, just messing with you.  Plus, being a reporter myself, I know that no self-respecting reporter would EVER offer to let people "approve" his work.
                                Hahahaha, okay, okay. If you guys really want, I can post the article here for your approval before I post it on the PC World blog.

                                I * never * make mistakes.  Just ask Andy, Bryan, Jim, Herb, Bill....  :)
                                Hmm...maybe I'm just stupid then. Hahahaha! At least I didn't ask to use Evan Cobblentss's pictures!

                                Nope.  I tried the 'search' feature in our Yahoo group just now.  Nobody ever wrote "Gesswin" here.

                                But I did find the mistake in Bill's blog!

                                Haha, sorry about that. Someone else posted a long time ago saying that your name was David Geeswin.

                                Thanks!

                                > And I was wondering if it was okay to use photos of David Geeswin
                                > and Evan Koblentz in my article.

                                Ok to use my picture as long as you spell my name David Gesswein

                                David Gesswein
                                http://www.pdp8onli ne.com/ -- Run an old computer with blinkenlights
                                Have any PDP-8 stuff you're willing to part with?

                              • Andy Meyer
                                Message 15 of 17 , Sep 21 5:19 AM
                                  On Sat, Sep 20, 2008 at 6:24 PM, Matthew Mikolay <mikolaym@...> wrote:
                                  > Here's some of the pictures I took at VCF!
                                  > http://s303.photobucket.com/albums/nn158/MattMikolay/VCFEast5/?albumview=slideshow

                                  Consider getting a camera that has image stabilization, or at the very
                                  least, auto-focus.
                                • Matthew Mikolay
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Sep 21 6:35 AM
                                    Yeah, technically I didn't take those pictures. The blurry pictures are mainly from my brother's camera. It's a shame, too, because the camera he uses is really nice. Image stabilization, manual and auto focus, several different modes.

                                    Message 17 of 17 , Sep 21 6:36 AM
                                      Oh...yeah...umm...I was just joking. Yeah. I was joking. That's it!