A simple logo

  • Evan
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 20 8:54 AM
      Thanks to ordinary MS Paint, I just made a simple logo. Will send that over
      to InfoAge so they can add it to their web site.

      What we need, however, is an overall MARCH log. Anyone here artistic?
      That's an open challenge!

      - 770 readers and no spam / Publishes every Monday / Write for us!
    • relayer
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 20 1:51 PM
        I created a quick sample for a logo. Without any initial design
        direction, I just put a lot of sample concepts together. The sample is
        just a proof of concept. There's too many styles clashing. Hopefully,
        new ideas will come about from it. This is also a test to see what
        other people 'think' they see. If items can be easily recognized, then
        the logo is doing what it should be doing. I can't think of anything
        to do for the 'h'.

        Feedback greatly welcomed on this design. I uploaded the image to the
        file section: MARCH.jpg

        --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Evan" <evan947@y...> wrote:
        > What we need, however, is an overall MARCH log. Anyone here artistic?
        > That's an open challenge!
      • ahm
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 21 8:23 AM
          On Wed, Jul 20, 2005 at 11:54:13AM -0400, Evan wrote:
          > Thanks to ordinary MS Paint, I just made a simple logo.
          > Will send that over to InfoAge so they can add it to their web site.

          Do we get to look at it?

          > What we need, however, is an overall MARCH log. Anyone here artistic?

          Maybe we should take up another collection (for $25)
          http://www.kk.org/cooltools/archives/000730.php
        • Evan
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 21 9:12 AM
            Oops, forgot to say, I filed it under mcmi.jpg in the group page.

            Tried to use a Roman-esque "carved" font.

            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 21 2:23 PM
              I like it!  I see an (Altair?) front panel and a storage tape.

              Or, maybe you could made the "a" into a disk platter and the "c" into a Pac-Man.   :)

              I created a quick sample for a logo. Without any initial design
              direction, I just put a lot of sample concepts together. The sample is
              just a proof of concept. There's too many styles clashing. Hopefully,
              new ideas will come about from it. This is also a test to see what
              other people 'think' they see. If items can be easily recognized, then
              the logo is doing what it should be doing. I can't think of anything
              to do for the 'h'.

              Feedback greatly welcomed on this design. I uploaded the image to the
              file section: MARCH.jpg

              --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Evan" <evan947@y...> wrote:

              What we need, however, is an overall MARCH log.  Anyone here artistic?
              > That's an open challenge!

            • relayer
              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 21 4:03 PM
                Yes, that's an Altair face panel. I made the outline blue to mimic the
                Altair case. I thought of Pacman on the C, but I didn't want Namco to
                send their lawyers :)

                I might make the top of the R look like a tape head and have the tape
                pass from the top of the A, over the R, to the C. I'm still lost for
                something with the H.

                I was also thinking of a slogan. I don't know if that was a
                consideration. I suppose I should have searched the forum archive.

                The only thing I came up with so far was:

                "Bits and PC's from the past"

                ...read it faster

                ...one more time, just in case

                ...OK, you dragged it out of me...

                Read as: 'Bits and pieces from the past'

                --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Evan" <evan947@y...> wrote:
                > I like it! I see an (Altair?) front panel and a storage tape.
                >
                > Or, maybe you could made the "a" into a disk platter and the "c"
                into a
                > Pac-Man. :)
              • Dan
                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 21 4:39 PM
                  Hi,

                  I hope you don't mind but when I saw the 'h' sitting there all blank I couldn't resist to add my touch. I like to dabble in graphics arts myself. So I added some Paper Tape, a natural medium from the old days. Take a look, the filename is MARCH2.jpg

                  Dan

                  relayer wrote:
                  Yes, that's an Altair face panel. I made the outline blue to mimic the
                  Altair case. I thought of Pacman on the C, but I didn't want Namco to
                  send their lawyers  :)

                  I might make the top of the R look like a tape head and have the tape
                  pass from the top of the A, over the R, to the C. I'm still lost for
                  something with the H.

                  I was also thinking of a slogan. I don't know if that was a
                  consideration. I suppose I should have searched the forum archive.

                  The only thing I came up with so far was:

                  "Bits and PC's from the past"

                  ...read it faster

                  ...one more time, just in case

                  ...OK, you dragged it out of me...

                  Read as: 'Bits and pieces from the past'

                  --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Evan" <evan947@y...> wrote:
                  > I like it!  I see an (Altair?) front panel and a storage tape.

                  > Or, maybe you could made the "a" into a disk platter and the "c"
                  into a
                  > Pac-Man.   :)

                  No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.323 / Virus Database: 267.9.2/53 - Release Date: 7/20/2005
                • Evan
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jul 21 4:48 PM
                    Maybe the h could be greenbar paper.

                    Message 9 of 9 , Jul 21 7:16 PM
                      That kind of fills in things nicely. I went ahead and refined the
                      magnetic tape reels to look a little more sensible. I updated my
                      MARCH.jpg image.