Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Name for our museum?

  • madodel@ptdprolog.net
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 18, 2005
      In <62.5920ad38.300d7f10@...>, on 07/18/05 at 05:54 PM,
      billdeg@... said:

      >You may have walked into a wall with the term "Retro" this has sparked
      >quite a lot of debate.

      >I think your ideas are creative.

      >Bill

      >In a message dated 7/18/2005 1:58:37 PM Eastern Standard Time,
      >infomagic@... writes:

      >> Therefore, "The Retro" could include other compatible collectible
      >> technologies that would broaden the base of interest and support.
      >> For example, it might include tube-based radios... (Only one example
      >> out of many I'm sure.)

      Like John I'm new and haven't said much, but to me there should be an
      official name like the one proposed by Evan - "MARCH Computer Museum @
      InfoAge" or as Jim suggests something with the location (though I'd stay
      away from immediate locale, as locations can change at some point) so
      maybe "Mid-Atlantic Computer Museum", though I like "Mid-Atlantic
      ComputerMuseum @ InfoAge" as that denotes location and has a tech sound to
      it.

      As to a cool nickname, people can call it something like the "Retro" or
      the "VinC" (Vintage Computers), without that being its official name.

      Just my haypenny of advise.

      Mark

      --

      From the eComStation Desktop of: Mark Dodel

      Warpstock 2005, Hershey, Pennsylvania, October 6 - 9, 2005 http://www.warpstock.org
      Warpstock Europe 2005, Dresden, Germany, Nov. 18-20 http://www.warpstock.net

      For a choice in the future of personal computing, Join VOICE - http://www.os2voice.org

      "The liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of private power to a point where it becomes stronger than their democratic State itself. That in it's essence, is Fascism - ownership of government by an individual, by a group or by any controlling private power." Franklin Delano Roosevelt, Message proposing the Monopoly Investigation, 1938