Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: OT: scifi movie poll

  • Sridhar Ayengar
    Message 1 of 52 , Sep 3, 2008
      rkushnier wrote:
      > Anyone remember "TOBOR" from the Fifties? That's, "ROBOT" spelled
      > backwards.
      >
      > Since this IS a Vintage computer group, I would have to go with
      > "Colossus- The Forbin Project", although that wasn't really a Space
      > flick.
      >
      > Overall best for me was "Forbidden Planet". This classic had a really
      > intelligent, adult plot.... and the girls wore such short skirts!

      I like "Titan A.E." and "Outland". Although, I have to say that my
      favorite space-oriented sci-fi movie is probably "Enemy Mine".

      Peace... Sridhar
    • Stan Brewer
      Message 52 of 52 , Sep 5, 2008
        I ran the page through babel fish at:

        http://babelfish.yahoo.com/?fr=avbbf-us

        but it did not translate the cartoon and I'll be dog gone if I'm going to retype all those Japanese characters!  : )

                                                           Stan

        Bryan Pope wrote:

        Christian Liendo wrote:
        > http://sugaya. otaden.jp/ d2008-07- 11.html

        Now if only there was an automatic translator for it!

        Cheers,

        Bryan