Re: [midatlanticretro] Great Comic by Curtis...

  • Matthew Mikolay
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 3, 2008
      Haha, but Pong was not the first video game! There was OXO for EDSAC and also Spacewar! for the PDP-1, the predecessor to MARCH's own PDP-8.

      I wonder if Spacewar! could be run on the PDP-8....

      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 3, 2008
        > I wonder if Spacewar! could be run on the PDP-8....

        With the right peripheral. The 8 doesn't have any built in display capability.
        I have spacewar for my 8/I and AX08 (If things go well you will
        be able to play it at VCF). The AX08 will work with the original 8 since
        it is a negative exeternal bus peripheral.
      • Matthew Mikolay
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 3, 2008
          That will be awesome if you can get it running! What format is it stored in, paper tape?

          > I wonder if Spacewar! could be run on the PDP-8....

          With the right peripheral. The 8 doesn't have any built in display capability.
          I have spacewar for my 8/I and AX08 (If things go well you will
          be able to play it at VCF). The AX08 will work with the original 8 since
          it is a negative exeternal bus peripheral.

        • Stan Brewer
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 4, 2008
            Now PONG would look great on my Raytheon M-1106!

                                Stan

            James wrote:

            Thanks, now I really feel old, I remember Pong very well.

            James