Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: OT: scifi movie poll

  • Ray Sills
    Message 1 of 52 , Sep 3, 2008
      Bingo!!! Well done, Mike. Peter also hosted Schickele Mix on
      public radio for a number of years.
      On one of his broadcasts, he talked about the problems and challenges
      of writing music score.

      Silent Running is one of my favorite flicks.. I like 2001 and Alien,
      too. Alien should be considered
      a good feminist film, since the heroine prevails solely by her own
      efforts and persistence, without
      help from anyone else.

      73 de Ray

      On Sep 3, 2008, at 1:16 PM, Mike Loewen wrote:

      > On Wed, 3 Sep 2008, Ray Sills wrote:
      >
      >> Trivia Quiz: Who wrote the score for "Silent Running"?
      >
      > Why, Peter Schickele, of PDQ Bach fame. :-)
      >

      > Mike Loewen mloewen@...
      > The Dixie Lion Jazz Band http://sturgeon.css.psu.edu/dixie.html
      > The B9 Robot Builders Club B9-0014 http://sturgeon.css.psu.edu/
      > ~mloewen/B9/

    • Stan Brewer
      Message 52 of 52 , Sep 5, 2008
        I ran the page through babel fish at:

        http://babelfish.yahoo.com/?fr=avbbf-us

        but it did not translate the cartoon and I'll be dog gone if I'm going to retype all those Japanese characters!  : )

                                                           Stan

        Bryan Pope wrote:

        Christian Liendo wrote:
        > http://sugaya. otaden.jp/ d2008-07- 11.html

        Now if only there was an automatic translator for it!

        Cheers,

        Bryan