Great Comic by Curtis...

  • Christian Liendo
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 3, 2008
    • James
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 3, 2008

        Thanks, now I really feel old, I remember Pong very well.

        James

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 3, 2008
          Haha, but Pong was not the first video game! There was OXO for EDSAC and also Spacewar! for the PDP-1, the predecessor to MARCH's own PDP-8.

          I wonder if Spacewar! could be run on the PDP-8....

          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 3, 2008
            > I wonder if Spacewar! could be run on the PDP-8....

            With the right peripheral. The 8 doesn't have any built in display capability.
            I have spacewar for my 8/I and AX08 (If things go well you will
            be able to play it at VCF). The AX08 will work with the original 8 since
            it is a negative exeternal bus peripheral.
          • Matthew Mikolay
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 3, 2008
              That will be awesome if you can get it running! What format is it stored in, paper tape?

              > I wonder if Spacewar! could be run on the PDP-8....

              With the right peripheral. The 8 doesn't have any built in display capability.
              I have spacewar for my 8/I and AX08 (If things go well you will
              be able to play it at VCF). The AX08 will work with the original 8 since
              it is a negative exeternal bus peripheral.

            • Stan Brewer
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 4, 2008
                Now PONG would look great on my Raytheon M-1106!

                                    Stan