Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: OT: scifi movie poll

  • Bob Grieb
    Message 1 of 52 , Sep 3, 2008
      You would have to include

         The Day the Earth Stood Still

           and

         Forbidden Planet

         in any list of top space-oriented sci-fi movies.
      I realize they don't have the same sort of action and effects as
      the Star Wars movies, but were both classics for their
      time.  (the 1950's)

          Bob Grieb

      From: fairlanefastback <no_reply@yahoogroup s.com>
      Subj: [midatlanticretro] Re: OT: scifi movie poll
      Date: Wed Sep 3, 2008 11:56 am
      Size: 1K
      To: midatlanticretro@ yahoogroups. com

      Empire Strikes Back

      Of what you have listed Star Wars 1st.
      Alien 2nd
      2001 3rd
      Never saw Plan 9.

      --- In midatlanticretro@ yahoogroups. com, "Evan" <evan@...> wrote:

      > What's the best space-oriented scifi movie?
      > - Star Wars
      > - 2001
      > - Plan 9
      > - Alien
      >
      > I vote for Star Wars first, just edging out Plan 9 From Outer Space.
      (Oh wait ... Plan 9 was the WORST movie ... but it's damn funny!)

    • Stan Brewer
      Message 52 of 52 , Sep 5, 2008
        I ran the page through babel fish at:

        http://babelfish.yahoo.com/?fr=avbbf-us

        but it did not translate the cartoon and I'll be dog gone if I'm going to retype all those Japanese characters!  : )

                                                           Stan

        Bryan Pope wrote:

        Christian Liendo wrote:
        > http://sugaya. otaden.jp/ d2008-07- 11.html

        Now if only there was an automatic translator for it!

        Cheers,

        Bryan