Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: OT: scifi movie poll

  • Evan
    Message 1 of 52 , Sep 3, 2008
      Plan 9 From Outer Space is a cult classic. This is the movie that was SO BAD that director Ed Wood soon after its release killed himself. A few years ago it received the "Golden Turkey" award for being the worst scifi movie of all time ... which is why it's so good. The thing is, Wood never meant for Plan 9 to be a comedy .... it's just SO BAD that it's actually very funny. There is a whole web page devoted to mistakes in the editing and to the TERRIBLE dialogue. My favorite part is the scene in which you can actually see the string holding up a UFO model. And of course, it's "almost" starring Bela Lougosi .... who died during filming but still is in some scenes.

      I highly recommend this movie.

      Message 52 of 52 , Sep 5, 2008
        I ran the page through babel fish at:

        http://babelfish.yahoo.com/?fr=avbbf-us

        but it did not translate the cartoon and I'll be dog gone if I'm going to retype all those Japanese characters!  : )

                                                           Stan

        Bryan Pope wrote:

        Christian Liendo wrote:
        > http://sugaya. otaden.jp/ d2008-07- 11.html

        Now if only there was an automatic translator for it!

        Cheers,

        Bryan