Re: [midatlanticretro] OT: Army question

  • Joe Giliberti
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 2, 2008
      Best. Movie. Ever.

      On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 11:31 PM, John Allain <allain@...> wrote:

      > Does anyone know what it means when an Army
      > contract refers to a "directive number"...?

      Possibly a written order, indexed by that number.
      see: "The Andromeda Strain"

      John A.

      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 2, 2008
        Message
        Keep in mind folks, Joe said he never saw Star Wars.

        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 3, 2008
          Shut up :)
          You cannot compare Star Wars, to movies like "The Andromeda Strain" and "2001: A Space Odyssey." Star Wars is Disney in comparison.

          On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 2:12 AM, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

          Keep in mind folks, Joe said he never saw Star Wars.

          > Does anyone know what it means when an Army
          > contract refers to a "directive number"...?

          Possibly a written order, indexed by that number.
          see: "The Andromeda Strain"

          John A.

        • Evan
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 3, 2008
            Watch the original, then you can talk.

            > Does anyone know what it means when an Army
            > contract refers to a "directive number"...?

            Possibly a written order, indexed by that number.
            see: "The Andromeda Strain"

            John A.
          • Sridhar Ayengar
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 3, 2008
              Evan Koblentz wrote:
              > Keep in mind folks, Joe said he never saw Star Wars.

              I can think of a dozen movies off the top of my head that are better
              than "The Andromeda Strain".

              Peace... Sridhar