Re: New to list

  • evan947
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 2, 2005
      Hey, the IIgs would be great. In addition to the computers Jim is
      bringing (aka Macmothership), I'm bringing an Apple I replica, and a
      Newton too. :)

      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "altairmanrich" <rcini@m...>
      wrote:

      > Interestingly, I'm an Apple fan by default -- it seems that I've had
      > more Apple stuff bestowed upon me by people than other brands :-)
      >
      > Actually, our school district was heavily into Commodore until I
      > reached high school, which is where I encountered the Apple ][ (and a
      > Decwriter connected to the local university). So most of my
      > experience lies with Commodore.
      >
      > To round out the Apple display, I could bring a //gs system.
      >
      > Rich
      >

      > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "macmothership"
      > <macmothership@y...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hey Rich,
      > >
      > > Good to hear a fan of Apple has joined. I'll be bringing an Apple
      > II+, an Apple III, a Lisa
      > > and a 1984 Mac 128k w original packaging to Trenton.
      > >
      > > -Jim
      > > www.macmothership.com
      > >

      > > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "altairmanrich"
      > <altairmanrich@y...> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hello, all:
      > > >
      > > > Thanks Evan for letting me know about this. Many members here
      > will
      > > > know me from the ClassicCmp list.
      > > >
      > > > I was talking to Evan last night about what I might bring for
      > the
      > > > retrocomputing display and he suggested I post a general outline
      > of
      > > > my collection and see where some of it fits into what we're going
      > > > display.
      > > >
      > > > As far as collections, I'm heavy in micros...Apple (]
      > [, //c, ///,
      > > > Fat Mac, SE/30, IIci), Commodore (VIC, C64, Pet 4032), Tandy
      > (Model
      > > > I). I also have some unique things like the Motorola MECB,
      > several
      > > > KIM-1's, a few AIM-65's, Atari Portfolio (which I don't really
      > use),
      > > > Tandy Model 102 with DVI, TI-74. I also have a Northstar Horizon.
      > > >
      > > > Any thoughts on some of this? I do have software for most of
      > it,
      > > > but the challenge would be finding something visually stimulating
      > yet
      > > > interactive, like games.
      > > >
      > > > Rich
      > > >
      > > > Rich Cini
      > > > Collector of classic computers
      > > > Build Master for the Altair32 Emulation Project
      > > > Web site: http://highgate.comm.sfu.ca/~rcini/classiccmp/
      > > > /************************************************************/
    • ahm
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 2, 2005
        > Hey, the IIgs would be great. In addition to the computers Jim is
        > bringing (aka Macmothership), I'm bringing an Apple I replica, and a
        > Newton too. :)

        You know what would be useful to keep track of all this stuff? A wiki.
      • evan
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 2, 2005
          Wiki's a good idea for a future web site. For now, I added a table to the
          Yahoo group. Anyone who is a group member can edit it. I encourage everyone
          to add a row with your name, what you're bringing, and any additional comments.

          --- ahm <ahm@...> wrote:

          > > Hey, the IIgs would be great. In addition to the computers Jim is
          > > bringing (aka Macmothership), I'm bringing an Apple I replica, and a
          > > Newton too. :)
          >
          > You know what would be useful to keep track of all this stuff? A wiki.

          =====
          Evan's personal homepage: www.snarc.net

          *** Tell your friends about the Computer Collector Newsletter!
          - It's free and we'll never send spam or share your email address
          - Publishing every Monday(-ish), ask about writing for us
          - We're approaching 700 readers: win a prize!
        • evan
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 2, 2005
            Oops, I forgot to mention -- to see/edit the table you just click the
            'database' link on the left side of the group page.