VCF advertising

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2008
      Message
      Hi all MARCHins.

      I can't recall if I sent this message already, so I apologize if it's a re-run.

      Some of you may be wondering how we're advertising the VCF East 5.0.

      I obtained email addresses for every professional and student chapter of the IEEE, every professional and student chapter of the ACM, every college computer science department, and every computer club / user group that I could find, in the states of Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, and also D.C. .... then I (nicely) spammed them all.   :-)

      This year's guest speakers focus on BIG iron, so I also contacted the mailing lists of ASTC (Association of Science & Technology Centers) and SHOT-SIGCIS (Society for the History of Technology's Special Interest Group in Computers, Information, and Society) -- I'm a member of both groups.

      And of course, I've been posting on cctalk and the vcforum.

      In addition, Sellam will (soon) send ping his "VCF Gazzette" mailing list.

      Last but not least, our flyer still resides at www.midatlanticretro.org/vcfe5flyer.pdf ... PLEASE print it out and/or email the link (and/or as an attached file) to anyone you know who might be interested!!!!  Don't be shy.   :)

      The more successful the VCF East is, the more money MARCH gets, the better museum and user community we'll create together.

      - Evan