Re: The fun continues .... second exhibit room, etc.

  • Herb Johnson
    Message 1 of 16 , Sep 2 9:13 AM
      Evan. I'm getting pissed off.

      You already have "a year's work". Mine, for the 11/20 exhibit.
      You already have posters of quality. The three I've done. Completed
      two months ago. Available, reviewed on the Web.

      You've posted NOT ONE WORD about those posters. They are not in your
      videos, because you've not printed them. I even asked you to print
      them early, to make sure they would come out OK. I did the work well
      ahead of the show, so you could have PLENTY OF TIME.

      Now it's time. Will you print them and use them? or not?

      Herb Johnson

      Jim Scheef posted:

      "Evan Koblentz" <evan@...> wrote:

      > Don't read too much into that, Jim. :)
      >
      > I'm makes a boatload of signs this week.
      >
      > The signs will be * simple *.... We could easily
      > spend a YEAR working on these exhibits before they're truly "done",
      so the
      > goal right now is just to get something out there for VCF time. ...
      > Right now I have easily two months' of work to do and only a few days of
      > nerd-hours in which to do it.
    • Christian Liendo
      Message 2 of 16 , Sep 2 9:38 AM
        I just got the walls for the posters painted on Sat...I helped Steve paint the walls and we will put the posters up..

        Don't be angry, we needed to get the heavy stuff done first.

        We moved most of the machines out of the "studio" into the new room
        We moved some really heavy stuff.

        Just Evan and I pretty must assembled the second display room on Monday.
        We cleaned up all the stuff the contractors left
        We moved everything out of the "DEC" room
        Then moved  the carpet from the "DEC" room to the new room
        Then found tables, assembled them and moved heavy objects from all over to be in that room
        Then we cleaned both rooms.

        Please give us a little credit. The rooms are finally done.

        "Evan Koblentz" <evan@...> wrote:

        > Don't read too much into that, Jim. :)
        >
        > I'm makes a boatload of signs this week.
        >
        > The signs will be * simple *.... We could easily
        > spend a YEAR working on these exhibits before they're truly "done",
        so the
        > goal right now is just to get something out there for VCF time. ...
        > Right now I have easily two months' of work to do and only a few days of
        > nerd-hours in which to do it.

      • Evan
        Message 3 of 16 , Sep 2 10:23 AM
          The context of my comments was for the museum as a whole. I think most people on our list already know that your 11/20 work is way ahead of everything else we've done.

          Subj: [midatlanticretro] Re: The fun continues .... second exhibit room, etc.
          Date: Tue Sep 2, 2008 12:14 pm
          Size: 1K
          To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com

          "Evan Koblentz" <evan@...> wrote:

          > Don't read too much into that, Jim. :)
          >
          > I'm makes a boatload of signs this week.
          >
          > The signs will be * simple *.... We could easily
          > spend a YEAR working on these exhibits before they're truly "done",
          so the
          > goal right now is just to get something out there for VCF time. ...
          > Right now I have easily two months' of work to do and only a few days of
          > nerd-hours in which to do it.

        • Bob Grieb
          Message 4 of 16 , Sep 2 4:33 PM
            Evan,

               I have other plans for this coming weekend, so I won't
            be able to make it up there.  I might be able to sneak in
            a trip before VCF opens, to deliver the Franklin Ace-1000
            if Bob gets it and it's workable.  Also, I could help fire
            up the SWTPC 6800 machine, although I was really hoping
            that the directions I gave you would be adequate for someone
            else to run it as well.  You would need a cassette tape recorder
            to load the Tic-Tac-Toe game.  Without that, you can only run the
            debug monitor, my RAM test, and the terminal demo program.
            Those are all in EPROM.  With a laptop and terraterm, we could
            load BASIC, but I don't have any BASIC programs to demo with.

               Bob Grieb

            Message 5 of 16 , Sep 2 4:37 PM
              Message
              >>> Also, I could help fire up the SWTPC 6800 machine, although I was really hoping that the directions I gave you would be adequate for someone else to run it as well.

              We're all set with the 6800.  Your directions are good!