RE: [midatlanticretro] The fun continues .... second exhibit room, etc.

    Message 1 of 16 , Sep 1, 2008
      Message
      Awesome, thank you Bob A.!  Will gladly sacrifice one of the four IBMs for a Franklin.

      Message 2 of 16 , Sep 1, 2008
        I had to do this.. It's been a long weekend

        http://www.labelmaker2600.com/

        Message 3 of 16 , Sep 1, 2008
          Message
          Nice!

          Message 4 of 16 , Sep 1, 2008
            Message
            Hmm, somehow there was a problem uploading 2 and 3.

            Message 5 of 16 , Sep 1, 2008

              NEXT WEEKEND WE WILL SEE HOW MANY OF THE DEMO COMPUTERS WE CAN ACTUALLY GET RUNNING.  HELP IS NEEDED FOR THIS!

              I'll need people to help who are more technically knowledgeable than I, in a wide range of computers.  People who can authoritatively and quickly get systems running (not labor over every detail).

              Bill Degnan, Bryan Pope, Bob Grieb, Herb, Kelly .... yes I'm calling you guys out for this task, and whoever else can be a self-starter to GET THINGS DONE .... no hangers-around next weekend please.  It's the MARCH make-'em-work-a-thon!   :-)

              I cannot make it next weekend, but I will be arriving in the morning of the 12th.  I will be prepared to work all day, after I set up my exhibit which will be ready to go and will only take an hour or so to complete.  I have already been told to bring an Osborne I boot disk, please email me if there is anything special that anyone needs.

              Message 6 of 16 , Sep 1, 2008
                Christian Liendo wrote:
                I had to do this.. It's been a long weekend

                http://www.labelmaker2600.com/

                excellent!
              • Christian Liendo
                Message 7 of 16 , Sep 2, 2008
                  Yea.. All the heavy lifting is done. I know because after two motrin I still feel it.

                  The rooms are in place
                  The machines are in place
                  We just need fellas to make em run and do stuff.

                  Message 8 of 16 , Sep 2, 2008
                    Chris,

                    The exhibits are not done until someone who knows nothing about computers can look at each machine and learn what it is and why it's there. We need signs.

                    Jim

                    Message 9 of 16 , Sep 2, 2008
                      Message
                      Don't read too much into that, Jim.   :)

                      I'm makes a boatload of signs this week.

                      The signs will be * simple *.  Just like at InfoAge as a whole, what we're doing now exhibit-wise is merely phase 1 of many phases.  We could easily spend a YEAR working on these exhibits before they're truly "done", so the goal right now is just to get something out there for VCF time.  Then we'll go back and improve things, over and over again, making things nicer and more elaborate each time.

                      Right now I have easily two months' of work to do and only a few days of nerd-hours in which to do it.

                      Message 10 of 16 , Sep 2, 2008
                        Evan. I'm getting pissed off.

                        You already have "a year's work". Mine, for the 11/20 exhibit.
                        You already have posters of quality. The three I've done. Completed
                        two months ago. Available, reviewed on the Web.

                        You've posted NOT ONE WORD about those posters. They are not in your
                        videos, because you've not printed them. I even asked you to print
                        them early, to make sure they would come out OK. I did the work well
                        ahead of the show, so you could have PLENTY OF TIME.

                        Now it's time. Will you print them and use them? or not?

                        Herb Johnson

                        Jim Scheef posted:

                        "Evan Koblentz" <evan@...> wrote:

                        > Don't read too much into that, Jim. :)
                        >
                        > I'm makes a boatload of signs this week.
                        >
                        > The signs will be * simple *.... We could easily
                        > spend a YEAR working on these exhibits before they're truly "done",
                        so the
                        > goal right now is just to get something out there for VCF time. ...
                        > Right now I have easily two months' of work to do and only a few days of
                        > nerd-hours in which to do it.
                      • Christian Liendo
                        Message 11 of 16 , Sep 2, 2008
                          I just got the walls for the posters painted on Sat...I helped Steve paint the walls and we will put the posters up..

                          Don't be angry, we needed to get the heavy stuff done first.

                          We moved most of the machines out of the "studio" into the new room
                          We moved some really heavy stuff.

                          Just Evan and I pretty must assembled the second display room on Monday.
                          We cleaned up all the stuff the contractors left
                          We moved everything out of the "DEC" room
                          Then moved  the carpet from the "DEC" room to the new room
                          Then found tables, assembled them and moved heavy objects from all over to be in that room
                          Then we cleaned both rooms.

                          Please give us a little credit. The rooms are finally done.

                          "Evan Koblentz" <evan@...> wrote:

                          > Don't read too much into that, Jim. :)
                          >
                          > I'm makes a boatload of signs this week.
                          >
                          > The signs will be * simple *.... We could easily
                          > spend a YEAR working on these exhibits before they're truly "done",
                          so the
                          > goal right now is just to get something out there for VCF time. ...
                          > Right now I have easily two months' of work to do and only a few days of
                          > nerd-hours in which to do it.

                        • Evan
                          Message 12 of 16 , Sep 2, 2008
                            The context of my comments was for the museum as a whole. I think most people on our list already know that your 11/20 work is way ahead of everything else we've done.

                            Subj: [midatlanticretro] Re: The fun continues .... second exhibit room, etc.
                            Date: Tue Sep 2, 2008 12:14 pm
                            Size: 1K
                            To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com

                            "Evan Koblentz" <evan@...> wrote:

                            > Don't read too much into that, Jim. :)
                            >
                            > I'm makes a boatload of signs this week.
                            >
                            > The signs will be * simple *.... We could easily
                            > spend a YEAR working on these exhibits before they're truly "done",
                            so the
                            > goal right now is just to get something out there for VCF time. ...
                            > Right now I have easily two months' of work to do and only a few days of
                            > nerd-hours in which to do it.

                          • Bob Grieb
                            Message 13 of 16 , Sep 2, 2008
                              Evan,

                                 I have other plans for this coming weekend, so I won't
                              be able to make it up there.  I might be able to sneak in
                              a trip before VCF opens, to deliver the Franklin Ace-1000
                              if Bob gets it and it's workable.  Also, I could help fire
                              up the SWTPC 6800 machine, although I was really hoping
                              that the directions I gave you would be adequate for someone
                              else to run it as well.  You would need a cassette tape recorder
                              to load the Tic-Tac-Toe game.  Without that, you can only run the
                              debug monitor, my RAM test, and the terminal demo program.
                              Those are all in EPROM.  With a laptop and terraterm, we could
                              load BASIC, but I don't have any BASIC programs to demo with.

                                 Bob Grieb

                              Message 14 of 16 , Sep 2, 2008
                                Message
                                >>> Also, I could help fire up the SWTPC 6800 machine, although I was really hoping that the directions I gave you would be adequate for someone else to run it as well.

                                We're all set with the 6800.  Your directions are good!