OT: Army question

    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 31, 2008
      Message
      Does anyone know what it means when an Army contract refers to a "directive number"...?
    • Joe Giliberti
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 31, 2008
        What is the context?

        Joe

        On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 12:23 AM, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

        Does anyone know what it means when an Army contract refers to a "directive number"...?

      • John Allain
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 2 8:31 PM
          > Does anyone know what it means when an Army
          > contract refers to a "directive number"...?

          Possibly a written order, indexed by that number.
          see: "The Andromeda Strain"

          John A.
        • Joe Giliberti
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 2 8:37 PM
            Best. Movie. Ever.

            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 2 11:12 PM
              Message
              Keep in mind folks, Joe said he never saw Star Wars.

              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 3 7:53 AM
                Shut up :)
                You cannot compare Star Wars, to movies like "The Andromeda Strain" and "2001: A Space Odyssey." Star Wars is Disney in comparison.

                On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 2:12 AM, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

                Keep in mind folks, Joe said he never saw Star Wars.

                > Does anyone know what it means when an Army
                > contract refers to a "directive number"...?

                Possibly a written order, indexed by that number.
                see: "The Andromeda Strain"

                John A.

              • Evan
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 3 8:34 AM
                  Watch the original, then you can talk.

                  > Does anyone know what it means when an Army
                  > contract refers to a "directive number"...?

                  Possibly a written order, indexed by that number.
                  see: "The Andromeda Strain"

                  John A.
                • Sridhar Ayengar
                  Message 8 of 8 , Sep 3 8:50 AM
                    Evan Koblentz wrote:
                    > Keep in mind folks, Joe said he never saw Star Wars.

                    I can think of a dozen movies off the top of my head that are better
                    than "The Andromeda Strain".

                    Peace... Sridhar