Free items at VCF East

  • Mike Loewen
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 31, 2008
      I will be bringing some things for giveaway at VCF East:

      Byte magazines, various issues from 1980 to 1991. These are the issues
      I offered last October, but never got around to mailing out (sorry about
      that). Bill Degnan and John Allain have first dibs.

      Xerox 1640 daisywheel printer, with extra ribbons, print wheels,
      tractor feed and manual. The ribbon drive motor stalls occasionally, but
      otherwise it works. Let me know if you want this, otherwise it will stay
      at home.

      http://sturgeon.css.psu.edu/~mloewen/Oldtech/Xerox1740.jpg

      Apple IIGS ROM01 system unit, only. Working when last tested.

      Various ARCNET hardware: ISA network boards, active hubs and power
      supplies. Jim Scheef has first dibs. Anything left over after VCF will
      probably end up in the dumpster.

      If anyone has unused IBM 80-column punch cards to donate, my keypunches
      are always hungry. :-)

      Mike Loewen mloewen@...
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 31, 2008
        Mike Loewen wrote:
        > I will be bringing some things for giveaway at VCF East:
        >
        > Byte magazines, various issues from 1980 to 1991. These are the issues
        > I offered last October, but never got around to mailing out (sorry about
        > that). Bill Degnan and John Allain have first dibs.

        thanks!
        <snip>
        > If anyone has unused IBM 80-column punch cards to donate, my keypunches
        > are always hungry. :-)

        I may throw a few things in the car if there's room, too.
        Bll
      • Herb Johnson
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 1, 2008
          Mike Loewen <mloewen@...> wrote:

          > I will be bringing some things for giveaway at VCF East:
          >
          > Xerox 1640 daisywheel printer, with extra ribbons, print wheels,
          > tractor feed and manual.

          I've emailed Mike privately to request this printer. It will be year
          appropriate to show with my S-100 equipment, in the future. Mike, if
          you did not get my email today please contact me as below. Thank you.

          Herb Johnson
          retrotechnology.com
          email: hjohnson AAT retrotechnology DOTT com
        • Herb Johnson
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 1, 2008
            --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Herb Johnson" wrote:

            > I've emailed Mike privately to request this [Xerox] printer.

            He agreed. Thanks1 - Herb Johnson