Calcomp plotter

  • David Gesswein
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 31, 2008
      I have updates my Calcomp plotter page showing some of the making
      of the replacement parts for the MARCH plotter. I have also added videos
      of the plotter operation.

      http://www.pdp8online.com/563/563.shtml

      Is the Calcomp plotter in the preview room video the one donated with the
      PDP-8? It looks a little different but the video is a little fuzzy.
    • Evan
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 31, 2008
        Good eye! The one on the exhibit* room table is Jeff J.'s IBM-branded version. Claude's Bendix version is hidden under the table. That's also a different ASR-33 on the table. Claude's has the paper tape attachment but is in worse condition otherwise so we keep that in storage.

        Do you (or does anyone else here) have a good, clean paper tape attachment that we can borrow for a while? Or, who knows how to fix up the one from Claude and transplant it onto our teletype? I assume several of you can do that kind of thing....

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 31, 2008
          Quoting myself: >>> The one on the exhibit* room table

          I forgot to explain the footnote. DG wrote "preview room" which this is not. This is our first REAL exhibit room of four total that we're allotted. Soon after VCF, we will give up the small preview room that we had in the main building.
        • David Gesswein
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 31, 2008

            > Good eye! The one on the exhibit* room table is Jeff J.'s
            > IBM-branded version. Claude's Bendix version is hidden under the table.

            Is it missing the pen or was it stored away for safe keeping?

            > That's also a different ASR-33 on the table. Claude's has the paper tape
            > attachment but is in worse condition otherwise so we keep that in storage.
            > Do you (or does anyone else here) have a good, clean paper tape attachment
            > that we can borrow for a while?

            The paper tape attachment can't isn't just a bolt on. The top plastic
            and bottom metal pan are different when you have an ASR vs a KSR.
            I think you can unfasten the reader/punch from the ASR and put it with the
            KSR guts in the ASR unit but will take some fiddling.