VCF advertising -- please help us all you can!!!

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 28, 2008
      Message
      Hi, everybody!  ("Hi, Dr. Nick!")

      In the past week, I sent VCF emails (okay, spam, but it's GOOD spam) to every IEEE student and professional chapter and every ACM student and professional chapter in Mass, CT, NY, NJ, PA, MD, and DC.  I also posted messages on the lists/forums of classiccmp, vintage-computer.com, ISEN (a list for science museums), SIGCIS (a list for academic tech historians / professors), and Inforoots (a list of the CHM).  In the next few days I'm going to send more emails to as many computer clubs and user groups as I can possibly find (using lists from http://www.apcug.net/, Yahoo directory, etc.)

      If you know of other good lists of local user groups, please send them to me.

      More important -- we need YOUR help to make this event successful!

      I challenge and urge ALL MARCHins to send an email about the VCF to as many of your techie friends and colleagues as possible.  Put in your own words how cool the VCF is, or send them our flyer (posted in the files section of the Yahoo group).  Also please let everyone know that on the second day of our show (which is usually the slower day) we'll have a talk by Bill Mauchly, son of John Mauchly, the co-inventor of ENIAC.

      Go forth and spread the news!!!!!

      THANKS

      - Evan

      p.s. ..... seriously, please tell a few of yer fellow geeks to come to VCF ..... don't let us down, all it takes is a few minutes to help out ... "mm'kay?"
    • Bryan Pope
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 29, 2008
        Evan Koblentz wrote:
        > or send them our flyer (posted in the files section of the Yahoo group).
        I just had a thought about the flyer.. IMHO, the text at the bottom
        should all be centred instead of left-justified...

        Cheers,

        Bryan