Cool VCF East lecture

  • Evan
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 27, 2008
      It's confirmed -- one of the VCF East speakers is Bill Mauchly, son of ENIAC co-inventor John Mauchly.

      Bill sent me some contact info for the Eckert family so I'll see if we can get one of their members at VCF too.
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 28, 2008
        Evan,

        That is cool. Can we schedule his talk so it comes right after the museum grand opening? We need to have "dignitaries" for the event and none of us qualify. Also, who has the best relationship with Mr. Grabbe? It would be nice if he was at the opening event as well. He's the reason all this is happening!

        Jim

        It's confirmed -- one of the VCF East speakers is Bill Mauchly, son of ENIAC co-inventor John Mauchly.

        Bill sent me some contact info for the Eckert family so I'll see if we can get one of their members at VCF too.

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 28, 2008
          Jim Scheef wrote:
          Evan,

          That is cool. Can we schedule his talk so it comes right after the museum grand opening? We need to have "dignitaries" for the event and none of us qualify. Also, who has the best relationship with Mr. Grabbe? It would be nice if he was at the opening event as well. He's the reason all this is happening!

          Jim
          _,_._,___
          If we invite Mr. Grabbe, We need to make space for some of his items in the main room, with a simple exhibit to explain/thanks.  I will be at the VCF a day early, perhaps I can help.

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 28, 2008
            I contacted Grabbe, waiting to hear back from him.

            Right now everything is going to be scaled back and modest because of the
            time crunch. I will contact some media members .....

            More info tonight; busy here at work now.

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 28, 2008
              >>> We need to make space for some of his items in the main room, with a
              simple exhibit to explain/thanks. I will be at the VCF a day early,
              perhaps I can help.

              Some of his items will be in the local computing exhibit (whether he can
              attend or not); that happens to be in the second room. I don't think of
              either room as the "main" room; one just happens to be larger.