Re: New to list

  • altairmanrich
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 2, 2005
      Interestingly, I'm an Apple fan by default -- it seems that I've had
      more Apple stuff bestowed upon me by people than other brands :-)

      Actually, our school district was heavily into Commodore until I
      reached high school, which is where I encountered the Apple ][ (and a
      Decwriter connected to the local university). So most of my
      experience lies with Commodore.

      To round out the Apple display, I could bring a //gs system.

      Rich

      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "macmothership"
      <macmothership@y...> wrote:

      > Hey Rich,
      >
      > Good to hear a fan of Apple has joined. I'll be bringing an Apple
      II+, an Apple III, a Lisa
      > and a 1984 Mac 128k w original packaging to Trenton.
      >
      > -Jim
      > www.macmothership.com
      >

      > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "altairmanrich"
      <altairmanrich@y...> wrote:

      > > Hello, all:
      > >
      > > Thanks Evan for letting me know about this. Many members here
      will
      > > know me from the ClassicCmp list.
      > >
      > > I was talking to Evan last night about what I might bring for
      the
      > > retrocomputing display and he suggested I post a general outline
      of
      > > my collection and see where some of it fits into what we're going
      > > display.
      > >
      > > As far as collections, I'm heavy in micros...Apple (]
      [, //c, ///,
      > > Fat Mac, SE/30, IIci), Commodore (VIC, C64, Pet 4032), Tandy
      (Model
      > > I). I also have some unique things like the Motorola MECB,
      several
      > > KIM-1's, a few AIM-65's, Atari Portfolio (which I don't really
      use),
      > > Tandy Model 102 with DVI, TI-74. I also have a Northstar Horizon.
      > >
      > > Any thoughts on some of this? I do have software for most of
      it,
      > > but the challenge would be finding something visually stimulating
      yet
      > > interactive, like games.
      > >
      > > Rich
      > >
      > > Rich Cini
      > > Collector of classic computers
      > > Build Master for the Altair32 Emulation Project
      > > Web site: http://highgate.comm.sfu.ca/~rcini/classiccmp/
      > > /************************************************************/
    • evan947
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 2, 2005
        Hey, the IIgs would be great. In addition to the computers Jim is
        bringing (aka Macmothership), I'm bringing an Apple I replica, and a
        Newton too. :)

        --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "altairmanrich" <rcini@m...>
        wrote:

        > Interestingly, I'm an Apple fan by default -- it seems that I've had
        > more Apple stuff bestowed upon me by people than other brands :-)
        >
        > Actually, our school district was heavily into Commodore until I
        > reached high school, which is where I encountered the Apple ][ (and a
        > Decwriter connected to the local university). So most of my
        > experience lies with Commodore.
        >
        > To round out the Apple display, I could bring a //gs system.
        >
        > Rich
        >

        > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "macmothership"
        > <macmothership@y...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hey Rich,
        > >
        > > Good to hear a fan of Apple has joined. I'll be bringing an Apple
        > II+, an Apple III, a Lisa
        > > and a 1984 Mac 128k w original packaging to Trenton.
        > >
        > > -Jim
        > > www.macmothership.com
        > >

        > > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "altairmanrich"
        > <altairmanrich@y...> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Hello, all:
        > > >
        > > > Thanks Evan for letting me know about this. Many members here
        > will
        > > > know me from the ClassicCmp list.
        > > >
        > > > I was talking to Evan last night about what I might bring for
        > the
        > > > retrocomputing display and he suggested I post a general outline
        > of
        > > > my collection and see where some of it fits into what we're going
        > > > display.
        > > >
        > > > As far as collections, I'm heavy in micros...Apple (]
        > [, //c, ///,
        > > > Fat Mac, SE/30, IIci), Commodore (VIC, C64, Pet 4032), Tandy
        > (Model
        > > > I). I also have some unique things like the Motorola MECB,
        > several
        > > > KIM-1's, a few AIM-65's, Atari Portfolio (which I don't really
        > use),
        > > > Tandy Model 102 with DVI, TI-74. I also have a Northstar Horizon.
        > > >
        > > > Any thoughts on some of this? I do have software for most of
        > it,
        > > > but the challenge would be finding something visually stimulating
        > yet
        > > > interactive, like games.
        > > >
        > > > Rich
        > > >
        > > > Rich Cini
        > > > Collector of classic computers
        > > > Build Master for the Altair32 Emulation Project
        > > > Web site: http://highgate.comm.sfu.ca/~rcini/classiccmp/
        > > > /************************************************************/
      • ahm
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 2, 2005
          > Hey, the IIgs would be great. In addition to the computers Jim is
          > bringing (aka Macmothership), I'm bringing an Apple I replica, and a
          > Newton too. :)

          You know what would be useful to keep track of all this stuff? A wiki.
        • evan
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 2, 2005
            Wiki's a good idea for a future web site. For now, I added a table to the
            Yahoo group. Anyone who is a group member can edit it. I encourage everyone
            to add a row with your name, what you're bringing, and any additional comments.

            --- ahm <ahm@...> wrote:

            > > Hey, the IIgs would be great. In addition to the computers Jim is
            > > bringing (aka Macmothership), I'm bringing an Apple I replica, and a
            > > Newton too. :)
            >
            > You know what would be useful to keep track of all this stuff? A wiki.

            =====
            Evan's personal homepage: www.snarc.net

            *** Tell your friends about the Computer Collector Newsletter!
            - It's free and we'll never send spam or share your email address
            - Publishing every Monday(-ish), ask about writing for us
            - We're approaching 700 readers: win a prize!
          • evan
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 2, 2005
              Oops, I forgot to mention -- to see/edit the table you just click the
              'database' link on the left side of the group page.