HP Protocol analyzer disks

  • Richard A. Cini
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 25, 2008
      HP Protocol analyzer disks All:

          I don’t suppose that anyone has a copy of the “utilities disk” (04952-16001) for the HP 4952a protocol analyzer that they would be willing to make for me? I have some images long ago provided by someone on ClassicCmp but they require a Catweasel card which I never located.

          There are a few ways to do this. The quickest is to use the 4952 to make a new disk but it requires “option 002” (extra memory, which I have) to do it. Supposedly, LIF Utilities (public domain) and some other utilities that can make disk images/copies (according to a 2004 Classiccmp thread):

      <QUOTE>
          But Teledisk should handle it
          CopyII-PC should handle it
          XenoCopy can duplicate them (NOT transfer files), if you lie to it about what format the alien diskettes are
          TRAKCESS, or almost any other utilities on TRS-80 model III can copy them.
          Various utilities on Coco can copy them.
      </QUOTE>

          These are 3.5” disks (1.44mb diskettes will work fins for copies). I would be happy to reimburse for postage/disk/beer to kill time during the copying process.

      TIA!
      Rich

      --
      Rich Cini
      Collector of Classic Computers
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 25, 2008
        I have a catweasel. If no one else comes through, send me the images.

        Kelly

      • Richard A. Cini
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 26, 2008
          Re: [midatlanticretro] HP Protocol analyzer disks Thanks, Kelly. Interestingly, I was poking around in the pouch of my analyzer, and I found a pocket I never noticed. In it was two disks — the exact two I was looking for. I’ve had this unit for about 2 years and never noticed they were there. I’m going to try making Copy II PC and IMD disk images this weekend.

          I also found a guy on eBay selling a unit that seems to have several disks. I’m trying to get him to make disk images for me so I can create a little archive of images.

          Rich

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 28, 2008
            Rich,

            >>I was poking around in the pouch of my analyzer, and I found a pocket I never noticed.

            Wow! It's reproducing! Quick, get it close to that other guy's machine and maybe they will have more little ones!

            Jim

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 28, 2008
              Re: [midatlanticretro] HP Protocol analyzer disks That is just way too funny.

              Rich,