RE: [midatlanticretro] high density floppies

  • Chris M
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 13, 2005
      > Knowing you is reason enough not to question this
      > one...
      > ;-)

      Ah, but I was sent that bad boy for zilch. And it was
      offered, I didn't even have to ask. His wife even
      expressed her personal thanks for me taking it off her
      hands.

      > I've not seen anything regaring IDE on the 2000.

      Neither have I, but assuming many of the signals are
      similar to that of a PC's bus (although physically
      incompatible), some even identical, it doesn't seem
      like all that much of a stretch. XT IDE cards aren't
      too hard to find, and as a matter of fact I already
      have an Acculogic sIDE/16

      >Want to trade a 2000 for a (working) model
      > 12? I have a spare
      > keyboard.

      Being that neither is working, I think it behooves me
      to get one functional, even if it takes scrounging
      parts from the 2nd one.

      > What color would you prefer? I
      > have white, beige, that
      > particular gray/green I think they call putty, and
      > black (I think I still
      > have a few HD black drives).

      I could give a rat's keester what color it was. It
      needs to function properly. On second thought, if you
      should happen to have flaming mauve, I'll take one of
      those.

      > I'll try to find one that color. I'll clean it up
      > and test it before then. I
      > have brand new, 1/3 height, 5.25", DS/HD drives
      > still in the little blue
      > baggies if that'll do the trick for you.

      Ooo little blue baggies. They'll add the ambiance
      necessary to complete the project. How about telling
      me how much I need to send you for one of those. I
      don't know if I'll be there or not on 8/13 at this
      time.

      > Do you mean the 4853? According to this web site you
      > can still buy them. I
      > know, money is scarce...
      > http://gigabite.com/floppy.html

      Yes, I goofed, 4853 is correct. And C-notes are scarce
      enough that I wouldn't go handing them over to that
      shyster. A true hacker :0 wouldn't spend (that kind
      of) money unless it's absolutely necessary. And
      somehow I justified spending $200, plus shipping, for
      a Televideo Personal Mini. Money ain't so scarce right
      now, but I should probably start acting like it is.

      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs