Re: New to list

  • macmothership
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 2 3:45 PM
      Hey Rich,

      Good to hear a fan of Apple has joined. I'll be bringing an Apple II+, an Apple III, a Lisa
      and a 1984 Mac 128k w original packaging to Trenton.

      -Jim
      www.macmothership.com

      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "altairmanrich" <altairmanrich@y...> wrote:

      > Hello, all:
      >
      > Thanks Evan for letting me know about this. Many members here will
      > know me from the ClassicCmp list.
      >
      > I was talking to Evan last night about what I might bring for the
      > retrocomputing display and he suggested I post a general outline of
      > my collection and see where some of it fits into what we're going to
      > display.
      >
      > As far as collections, I'm heavy in micros...Apple (][, //c, ///,
      > Fat Mac, SE/30, IIci), Commodore (VIC, C64, Pet 4032), Tandy (Model
      > I). I also have some unique things like the Motorola MECB, several
      > KIM-1's, a few AIM-65's, Atari Portfolio (which I don't really use),
      > Tandy Model 102 with DVI, TI-74. I also have a Northstar Horizon.
      >
      > Any thoughts on some of this? I do have software for most of it,
      > but the challenge would be finding something visually stimulating yet
      > interactive, like games.
      >
      > Rich
      >
      > Rich Cini
      > Collector of classic computers
      > Build Master for the Altair32 Emulation Project
      > Web site: http://highgate.comm.sfu.ca/~rcini/classiccmp/
      > /************************************************************/
    • altairmanrich
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 2 6:22 PM
        Interestingly, I'm an Apple fan by default -- it seems that I've had
        more Apple stuff bestowed upon me by people than other brands :-)

        Actually, our school district was heavily into Commodore until I
        reached high school, which is where I encountered the Apple ][ (and a
        Decwriter connected to the local university). So most of my
        experience lies with Commodore.

        To round out the Apple display, I could bring a //gs system.

        Rich

        --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "macmothership"
        <macmothership@y...> wrote:

        > Hey Rich,
        >
        > Good to hear a fan of Apple has joined. I'll be bringing an Apple
        II+, an Apple III, a Lisa
        > and a 1984 Mac 128k w original packaging to Trenton.
        >
        > -Jim
        > www.macmothership.com
        >

        > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "altairmanrich"
        <altairmanrich@y...> wrote:

        > > Hello, all:
        > >
        > > Thanks Evan for letting me know about this. Many members here
        will
        > > know me from the ClassicCmp list.
        > >
        > > I was talking to Evan last night about what I might bring for
        the
        > > retrocomputing display and he suggested I post a general outline
        of
        > > my collection and see where some of it fits into what we're going
        > > display.
        > >
        > > As far as collections, I'm heavy in micros...Apple (]
        [, //c, ///,
        > > Fat Mac, SE/30, IIci), Commodore (VIC, C64, Pet 4032), Tandy
        (Model
        > > I). I also have some unique things like the Motorola MECB,
        several
        > > KIM-1's, a few AIM-65's, Atari Portfolio (which I don't really
        use),
        > > Tandy Model 102 with DVI, TI-74. I also have a Northstar Horizon.
        > >
        > > Any thoughts on some of this? I do have software for most of
        it,
        > > but the challenge would be finding something visually stimulating
        yet
        > > interactive, like games.
        > >
        > > Rich
        > >
        > > Rich Cini
        > > Collector of classic computers
        > > Build Master for the Altair32 Emulation Project
        > > Web site: http://highgate.comm.sfu.ca/~rcini/classiccmp/
        > > /************************************************************/
      • evan947
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 2 6:37 PM
          Hey, the IIgs would be great. In addition to the computers Jim is
          bringing (aka Macmothership), I'm bringing an Apple I replica, and a
          Newton too. :)

          --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "altairmanrich" <rcini@m...>
          wrote:

          > Interestingly, I'm an Apple fan by default -- it seems that I've had
          > more Apple stuff bestowed upon me by people than other brands :-)
          >
          > Actually, our school district was heavily into Commodore until I
          > reached high school, which is where I encountered the Apple ][ (and a
          > Decwriter connected to the local university). So most of my
          > experience lies with Commodore.
          >
          > To round out the Apple display, I could bring a //gs system.
          >
          > Rich
          >

          > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "macmothership"
          > <macmothership@y...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hey Rich,
          > >
          > > Good to hear a fan of Apple has joined. I'll be bringing an Apple
          > II+, an Apple III, a Lisa
          > > and a 1984 Mac 128k w original packaging to Trenton.
          > >
          > > -Jim
          > > www.macmothership.com
          > >

          > > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "altairmanrich"
          > <altairmanrich@y...> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Hello, all:
          > > >
          > > > Thanks Evan for letting me know about this. Many members here
          > will
          > > > know me from the ClassicCmp list.
          > > >
          > > > I was talking to Evan last night about what I might bring for
          > the
          > > > retrocomputing display and he suggested I post a general outline
          > of
          > > > my collection and see where some of it fits into what we're going
          > > > display.
          > > >
          > > > As far as collections, I'm heavy in micros...Apple (]
          > [, //c, ///,
          > > > Fat Mac, SE/30, IIci), Commodore (VIC, C64, Pet 4032), Tandy
          > (Model
          > > > I). I also have some unique things like the Motorola MECB,
          > several
          > > > KIM-1's, a few AIM-65's, Atari Portfolio (which I don't really
          > use),
          > > > Tandy Model 102 with DVI, TI-74. I also have a Northstar Horizon.
          > > >
          > > > Any thoughts on some of this? I do have software for most of
          > it,
          > > > but the challenge would be finding something visually stimulating
          > yet
          > > > interactive, like games.
          > > >
          > > > Rich
          > > >
          > > > Rich Cini
          > > > Collector of classic computers
          > > > Build Master for the Altair32 Emulation Project
          > > > Web site: http://highgate.comm.sfu.ca/~rcini/classiccmp/
          > > > /************************************************************/
        • ahm
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 2 6:41 PM
            > Hey, the IIgs would be great. In addition to the computers Jim is
            > bringing (aka Macmothership), I'm bringing an Apple I replica, and a
            > Newton too. :)

            You know what would be useful to keep track of all this stuff? A wiki.
          • evan
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 2 8:22 PM
              Wiki's a good idea for a future web site. For now, I added a table to the
              Yahoo group. Anyone who is a group member can edit it. I encourage everyone
              to add a row with your name, what you're bringing, and any additional comments.

              --- ahm <ahm@...> wrote:

              > > Hey, the IIgs would be great. In addition to the computers Jim is
              > > bringing (aka Macmothership), I'm bringing an Apple I replica, and a
              > > Newton too. :)
              >
              > You know what would be useful to keep track of all this stuff? A wiki.

              =====
              Evan's personal homepage: www.snarc.net

              *** Tell your friends about the Computer Collector Newsletter!
              - It's free and we'll never send spam or share your email address
              - Publishing every Monday(-ish), ask about writing for us
              - We're approaching 700 readers: win a prize!
            • evan
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 2 8:27 PM
                Oops, I forgot to mention -- to see/edit the table you just click the
                'database' link on the left side of the group page.