Re: [midatlanticretro] More exhibit work earlier tonight

  • Christian Liendo
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 21, 2008
      If you go Sunday, let me know..

      --- On Thu, 8/21/08, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:
      From: Evan Koblentz <evan@...>
      Subject: [midatlanticretro] More exhibit work earlier tonight
      To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thursday, August 21, 2008, 12:42 AM

      Joe and I escaped from the InfoAge meeting tonight to do some more work in our first exhibit room.
      In this large room (about 13 x 31), we will fit three exhibits.  Tonight we finished arranging the various tables, display cases, and some floor-standing hardware.  First is the exhibit of the "top eight" 70s/80s microcomputers.  Next is the "best of the rest" exhibit which contains a DEC sub-exhibit.  Last is the computing of InfoAge / military computing exhibit.  Our second room will be used for the computing of the local region exhibit.  The room will also contain a small reception desk area.
      This weekend (probably Saturday), we and Steve will put some painted sheetrock over our windows.  We will use that newfound wall space for posters and such.  We'll lose the natural light, but something had to be sacrificed ... we simply don't have enough time to make the window areas attractive enough.  The good news is that when it's done this weekend, it won't LOOK like just a window covering, instead it'll look like a nice display area.  We will extend beyond the windows by a few inches on all sides to contribute to that illusion.  (That plan worked very well for the historic diving club's exhibit rooms.)
      We'll also have lots of space under the exhibit tables to store things, which will be covered by the tablecloths.
      I may return again on Sunday, depends if I feel like fighting shore traffic again.  If I do, then I * fully expect * to have at least our first room (the big one) ready to accept exhibits by the end of the weekend!
      Fred pointed out recently that we might have a third room available in time for mid-September.  But I do not expect that we'll have enough time to plan more exhibits and get it ready.