Update, re: Who's bringing what to TCF so far...

  • evan
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 19, 2005
      I'll also bring my Atari 2600, a small TV, and a few classic games.

      - Evan

      -------------

      Me (evan koblentz) -- miscellaneous handhelds, Apple 1 replica
      David C. -- DEC stuff -- to be determined
      John A. -- DEC stuff -- to be determined
      Andy -- CP/M systems
      Bill D. -- Commodore, TI, Atari computers
      Bill S. -- Computers with wooden cabinets
      Kelly L. -- Tandy
      Mike -- will donate copies of his book "Collectible Microcomputers"
      Katie -- LED calculators
      Bill P. -- 1984 IBM XT
      Scott A. -- to be determined
      David G. DEC (to be determined), TI stuff
      Jim -- Apple Lisa, Mac, Apple II, Apple III

      =====
      Tell your friends about the Computer Collector Newsletter!

      -- It's free and we'll never send spam or share your email address
      -- Publishing every Monday(-ish), ask about writing for us
      -- Mainframes to videogames, hardware and software, we cover it all
      -- W: http://news.computercollector.com E: news@...
      -- 659 readers and counting!
    • billdeg@aol.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 20, 2005
        Evan,

        I noticed that someone else had been listed with TI stuff, so I figured there's no need for me to duplcate.

        To specify my contribution I plan to "set up" a complete Commodore VIC 20 system with peripherals, unless there is a specific request instead for an Atari system.  This way with minimal disruption I can swap in and out a commodore 64 in place of the VIC 20 if I want to.

        If we could have access to an analog phone line I could set up a bulletin board at home. People could log into an old style BBS from the show...?

        bd

        In a message dated 1/20/2005 1:36:17 AM Eastern Standard Time, evan947@... writes:
        Bill D. -- Commodore, TI, Atari computers

      • evan947
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 21, 2005
          bulletin board at home. People could log into an old style BBS from
          the show...?

          Cool idea! I'll ask the TCF people about that.

          - Evan

          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 21, 2005
            A reminder...It has to be analog, not digital phone line.
          • evan
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 21, 2005
              Gotcha.

              --- billdeg@... wrote:

              > A reminder...It has to be analog, not digital phone line.

              =====
              Tell your friends about the Computer Collector Newsletter!

              -- It's free and we'll never send spam or share your email address
              -- Publishing every Monday(-ish), ask about writing for us
              -- Mainframes to videogames, hardware and software, we cover it all
              -- W: http://news.computercollector.com E: news@...
              -- 660 readers and counting!
            • David Gesswein
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 21, 2005
                > I noticed that someone else had been listed with TI stuff, so I figured
                > there's no need for me to duplcate.
                >
                > Bill D. -- Commodore, TI, Atari computers

                I have the original not quite IBM compatible TI PC (my first PC). I don't
                have any other TI stuff. Since my main display will be PDP-8 if you want to
                bring your TI stuff I don't need to bring my machine (and may be short on
                space).
              • evan947
                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 21, 2005
                  David,

                  I'm thrilled to hear that you are definitely bringing a PDP machine.
                  Can you get it to run SpaceWar? It would be terrific to show that
                  running side-by-side on the 8 and my 2600. :)

                  - Evan

                  --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, David Gesswein <djg@p...>
                  wrote:
                  > > I noticed that someone else had been listed with TI stuff, so I
                  figured
                  > > there's no need for me to duplcate.
                  > >
                  > > Bill D. -- Commodore, TI, Atari computers
                  >

                  > I have the original not quite IBM compatible TI PC (my first PC). I
                  don't
                  > have any other TI stuff. Since my main display will be PDP-8 if you
                  want to
                  > bring your TI stuff I don't need to bring my machine (and may be
                  short on
                  > space).
                • David Gesswein
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 21, 2005
                    > I'm thrilled to hear that you are definitely bringing a PDP machine.
                    > Can you get it to run SpaceWar? It would be terrific to show that
                    > running side-by-side on the 8 and my 2600. :)

                    Definitely is a little too strong, much can happen in a couple months.
                    I had a poor version running a while ago on the VC8E/VR14.
                    Video on http://www.pdp8.net/vr14/vr14.shtml
                    I found a better looking source but haven't gotten around to setting things
                    up to try it.
                  • billdeg@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 22, 2005
                      OK. I will bring a TI 99/4A and gear.
                      Bill
                    • evan947
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jan 22, 2005
                        bulletin board at home. People could log into an old style BBS from
                        the show...?

                        LOL... so I just heard back from the TCF contact... his generic answer
                        was "The Internet will be available via WiFi connection..."

                        I think he sort of missed my point!!! LOL !!!!

                        I replied and asked if he's ever tried to set up WiFi on a Vic 20. :)

                        Will forward his reply when it arrives.