RE: [midatlanticretro] New to list

  • Bill Sudbrink
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 2 3:05 PM
      > As far as collections, I'm heavy in micros...Apple (][, //c, ///,
      > Fat Mac, SE/30, IIci), Commodore (VIC, C64, Pet 4032), Tandy (Model
      > I). I also have some unique things like the Motorola MECB, several
      > KIM-1's, a few AIM-65's, Atari Portfolio (which I don't really use),
      > Tandy Model 102 with DVI, TI-74. I also have a Northstar Horizon.
      >
      > Any thoughts on some of this?

      I'll be bringing a Horizon, it goes with my "woodies" display.

      I usually let people run Zork on it. Not flashy, but brings
      back memories for a lot of people. It will be flanked by a
      Sol on one side and an OSI C4P-MF on the other. The Sol will
      probably be running "Space Raiders" (a "Space Invaders" clone)
      and the OSI will be running one of a couple of games I just
      discovered or one of its color display demos.

      Bill
    • macmothership
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 2 3:45 PM
        Hey Rich,

        Good to hear a fan of Apple has joined. I'll be bringing an Apple II+, an Apple III, a Lisa
        and a 1984 Mac 128k w original packaging to Trenton.

        -Jim
        www.macmothership.com

        --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "altairmanrich" <altairmanrich@y...> wrote:

        > Hello, all:
        >
        > Thanks Evan for letting me know about this. Many members here will
        > know me from the ClassicCmp list.
        >
        > I was talking to Evan last night about what I might bring for the
        > retrocomputing display and he suggested I post a general outline of
        > my collection and see where some of it fits into what we're going to
        > display.
        >
        > As far as collections, I'm heavy in micros...Apple (][, //c, ///,
        > Fat Mac, SE/30, IIci), Commodore (VIC, C64, Pet 4032), Tandy (Model
        > I). I also have some unique things like the Motorola MECB, several
        > KIM-1's, a few AIM-65's, Atari Portfolio (which I don't really use),
        > Tandy Model 102 with DVI, TI-74. I also have a Northstar Horizon.
        >
        > Any thoughts on some of this? I do have software for most of it,
        > but the challenge would be finding something visually stimulating yet
        > interactive, like games.
        >
        > Rich
        >
        > Rich Cini
        > Collector of classic computers
        > Build Master for the Altair32 Emulation Project
        > Web site: http://highgate.comm.sfu.ca/~rcini/classiccmp/
        > /************************************************************/
      • altairmanrich
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 2 6:22 PM
          Interestingly, I'm an Apple fan by default -- it seems that I've had
          more Apple stuff bestowed upon me by people than other brands :-)

          Actually, our school district was heavily into Commodore until I
          reached high school, which is where I encountered the Apple ][ (and a
          Decwriter connected to the local university). So most of my
          experience lies with Commodore.

          To round out the Apple display, I could bring a //gs system.

          Rich

          --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "macmothership"
          <macmothership@y...> wrote:

          > Hey Rich,
          >
          > Good to hear a fan of Apple has joined. I'll be bringing an Apple
          II+, an Apple III, a Lisa
          > and a 1984 Mac 128k w original packaging to Trenton.
          >
          > -Jim
          > www.macmothership.com
          >

          > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "altairmanrich"
          <altairmanrich@y...> wrote:

          > > Hello, all:
          > >
          > > Thanks Evan for letting me know about this. Many members here
          will
          > > know me from the ClassicCmp list.
          > >
          > > I was talking to Evan last night about what I might bring for
          the
          > > retrocomputing display and he suggested I post a general outline
          of
          > > my collection and see where some of it fits into what we're going
          > > display.
          > >
          > > As far as collections, I'm heavy in micros...Apple (]
          [, //c, ///,
          > > Fat Mac, SE/30, IIci), Commodore (VIC, C64, Pet 4032), Tandy
          (Model
          > > I). I also have some unique things like the Motorola MECB,
          several
          > > KIM-1's, a few AIM-65's, Atari Portfolio (which I don't really
          use),
          > > Tandy Model 102 with DVI, TI-74. I also have a Northstar Horizon.
          > >
          > > Any thoughts on some of this? I do have software for most of
          it,
          > > but the challenge would be finding something visually stimulating
          yet
          > > interactive, like games.
          > >
          > > Rich
          > >
          > > Rich Cini
          > > Collector of classic computers
          > > Build Master for the Altair32 Emulation Project
          > > Web site: http://highgate.comm.sfu.ca/~rcini/classiccmp/
          > > /************************************************************/
        • evan947
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 2 6:37 PM
            Hey, the IIgs would be great. In addition to the computers Jim is
            bringing (aka Macmothership), I'm bringing an Apple I replica, and a
            Newton too. :)

            --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "altairmanrich" <rcini@m...>
            wrote:

            > Interestingly, I'm an Apple fan by default -- it seems that I've had
            > more Apple stuff bestowed upon me by people than other brands :-)
            >
            > Actually, our school district was heavily into Commodore until I
            > reached high school, which is where I encountered the Apple ][ (and a
            > Decwriter connected to the local university). So most of my
            > experience lies with Commodore.
            >
            > To round out the Apple display, I could bring a //gs system.
            >
            > Rich
            >

            > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "macmothership"
            > <macmothership@y...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hey Rich,
            > >
            > > Good to hear a fan of Apple has joined. I'll be bringing an Apple
            > II+, an Apple III, a Lisa
            > > and a 1984 Mac 128k w original packaging to Trenton.
            > >
            > > -Jim
            > > www.macmothership.com
            > >

            > > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "altairmanrich"
            > <altairmanrich@y...> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Hello, all:
            > > >
            > > > Thanks Evan for letting me know about this. Many members here
            > will
            > > > know me from the ClassicCmp list.
            > > >
            > > > I was talking to Evan last night about what I might bring for
            > the
            > > > retrocomputing display and he suggested I post a general outline
            > of
            > > > my collection and see where some of it fits into what we're going
            > > > display.
            > > >
            > > > As far as collections, I'm heavy in micros...Apple (]
            > [, //c, ///,
            > > > Fat Mac, SE/30, IIci), Commodore (VIC, C64, Pet 4032), Tandy
            > (Model
            > > > I). I also have some unique things like the Motorola MECB,
            > several
            > > > KIM-1's, a few AIM-65's, Atari Portfolio (which I don't really
            > use),
            > > > Tandy Model 102 with DVI, TI-74. I also have a Northstar Horizon.
            > > >
            > > > Any thoughts on some of this? I do have software for most of
            > it,
            > > > but the challenge would be finding something visually stimulating
            > yet
            > > > interactive, like games.
            > > >
            > > > Rich
            > > >
            > > > Rich Cini
            > > > Collector of classic computers
            > > > Build Master for the Altair32 Emulation Project
            > > > Web site: http://highgate.comm.sfu.ca/~rcini/classiccmp/
            > > > /************************************************************/
          • ahm
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 2 6:41 PM
              > Hey, the IIgs would be great. In addition to the computers Jim is
              > bringing (aka Macmothership), I'm bringing an Apple I replica, and a
              > Newton too. :)

              You know what would be useful to keep track of all this stuff? A wiki.
            • evan
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 2 8:22 PM
                Wiki's a good idea for a future web site. For now, I added a table to the
                Yahoo group. Anyone who is a group member can edit it. I encourage everyone
                to add a row with your name, what you're bringing, and any additional comments.

                --- ahm <ahm@...> wrote:

                > > Hey, the IIgs would be great. In addition to the computers Jim is
                > > bringing (aka Macmothership), I'm bringing an Apple I replica, and a
                > > Newton too. :)
                >
                > You know what would be useful to keep track of all this stuff? A wiki.

                =====
                Evan's personal homepage: www.snarc.net

                *** Tell your friends about the Computer Collector Newsletter!
                - It's free and we'll never send spam or share your email address
                - Publishing every Monday(-ish), ask about writing for us
                - We're approaching 700 readers: win a prize!
              • evan
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 2 8:27 PM
                  Oops, I forgot to mention -- to see/edit the table you just click the
                  'database' link on the left side of the group page.