re: ISP with shell access

  • mejeep deMeep ferret
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 6, 2008
      2a. ISP
      > Posted by: "schwepes@..."
      > Date: Wed Aug 6, 2008 9:37 am ((PDT))
      >
      > My ISP has decided to dispense with its telnet service and shell
      > accounts as of the first of next month. Does anyone know of a
      > service I can migrate to that will permit me to use these
      > now primative systems?
      > I'm just outside of Philadelphia.

      I'm a long time Panix user, as is John Allain
      For dialup access, see
      http://www.panix.com/panix/dialup/PA.html
      They also have DSL deals http://www.panix.com/adsl/

      I have just a shell account and use the cable internet to ssh in.
    • schwepes@moog.netaxs.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 10, 2008
        Had a glitch in getting this trhough.
        bs

        On Sun, 10 Aug 2008, schwepes@... wrote:

        > Thanks to all who replied. Now I just have to do the necessary
        > research.
        > bs
        >

        > On Wed, 6 Aug 2008, mejeep deMeep ferret wrote:
        >

        > > 2a. ISP
        > > > Posted by: "schwepes@..."
        > > > Date: Wed Aug 6, 2008 9:37 am ((PDT))
        > > >
        > > > My ISP has decided to dispense with its telnet service and shell
        > > > accounts as of the first of next month. Does anyone know of a
        > > > service I can migrate to that will permit me to use these
        > > > now primative systems?
        > > > I'm just outside of Philadelphia.
        > >
        > > I'm a long time Panix user, as is John Allain
        > > For dialup access, see
        > > http://www.panix.com/panix/dialup/PA.html
        > > They also have DSL deals http://www.panix.com/adsl/
        > >
        > > I have just a shell account and use the cable internet to ssh in.

      • Herb Johnson
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 11, 2008
          --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, schwepes@... wrote:

          > Had a glitch in getting this trhough.
          > bs

          I'm having trouble posting to the list, myself, today.

          Herb Johnson
          retrotechnology.com