Re: [midatlanticretro] Good news

    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 6, 2008
      At 04:48 PM 8/6/2008 -0400, you wrote:
      >This past weekend, InfoAge's laborers (under the guidance of Fred) moved
      >an entire room worth of vintage computers into the MARCH section of one of
      >the H-buildings. Everything made it okay. This was a lot of the
      >Perkin-Elmer gear and some other things too big to go into the basement
      >but not yet ready to exhibit. Next, InfoAge volunteers will renovate that
      >room (it's the fourth/last of our exhibit rooms).

      good to hear.

      Bill
    • Bob Applegate
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 6, 2008
        I'll eventually make it up there and take a good look at the P-E stuff.  I ran a number of their
        machines for a few years.  They were very popular for big number crunching applications,
        such as for incoming data from the dishes at the VLA radio telescope

        Bob

      • evan@snarc.net
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 9, 2009
          We have an Infoage person who's volunteered to sell tickets @ VCF the first day.
          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 9, 2009
            evan@... wrote:
            > We have an Infoage person who's volunteered to sell tickets @ VCF the first day.

            I was about to suggest we set up a self-service kiosk and use our web
            site accept payment via paypal. Why not, if people pay by paypal (or in
            advance) they can use their cash for vendor items instead.

            Bill
          • Joe Giliberti
            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 9, 2009
              I would think that would require too much organization and coordination on a day when all of our's is used up

              Message 6 of 13 , Sep 9, 2009
                >> I was about to suggest we set up a self-service kiosk and use our web
                site accept payment via paypal. Why not, if people pay by paypal (or in
                advance) they can use their cash for vendor items instead.

                Infoage's web access is too spotty. Anyway, we're all set now.
              • evan@snarc.net
                Message 7 of 13 , Jul 28 4:39 PM
                  In about two weeks from now, Infoage's dining room (big event room with the hardware floor) and lounge (where we served food at VCF) will both have air conditioning and heat.
                • Jeffrey Brace
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jul 28 6:55 PM
                    woo hoo !  love any progress to making Infoage more comfy. What is the plan about the rest of InfoAge concerning Heating and cooling ?

                    Message 9 of 13 , Jul 28 7:11 PM
                      From what I recall, Fred is taking bids to install HVAC in sections of H section 9010. The L Building (9032) and the Telecom Building (9059) have central heat and air, and any place else that needs it will likely have a window unit

                      Joe