Good news

  • Evan
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 6, 2008
      This past weekend, InfoAge's laborers (under the guidance of Fred) moved an entire room worth of vintage computers into the MARCH section of one of the H-buildings. Everything made it okay. This was a lot of the Perkin-Elmer gear and some other things too big to go into the basement but not yet ready to exhibit. Next, InfoAge volunteers will renovate that room (it's the fourth/last of our exhibit rooms).
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 6, 2008
        At 04:48 PM 8/6/2008 -0400, you wrote:
        >This past weekend, InfoAge's laborers (under the guidance of Fred) moved
        >an entire room worth of vintage computers into the MARCH section of one of
        >the H-buildings. Everything made it okay. This was a lot of the
        >Perkin-Elmer gear and some other things too big to go into the basement
        >but not yet ready to exhibit. Next, InfoAge volunteers will renovate that
        >room (it's the fourth/last of our exhibit rooms).

        good to hear.

        Bill
      • Bob Applegate
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 6, 2008
          I'll eventually make it up there and take a good look at the P-E stuff.  I ran a number of their
          machines for a few years.  They were very popular for big number crunching applications,
          such as for incoming data from the dishes at the VLA radio telescope

          Bob

        • evan@snarc.net
          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 9, 2009
            We have an Infoage person who's volunteered to sell tickets @ VCF the first day.
            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 9, 2009
              evan@... wrote:
              > We have an Infoage person who's volunteered to sell tickets @ VCF the first day.

              I was about to suggest we set up a self-service kiosk and use our web
              site accept payment via paypal. Why not, if people pay by paypal (or in
              advance) they can use their cash for vendor items instead.

              Bill
            • Joe Giliberti
              Message 6 of 13 , Sep 9, 2009
                I would think that would require too much organization and coordination on a day when all of our's is used up

                Message 7 of 13 , Sep 9, 2009
                  >> I was about to suggest we set up a self-service kiosk and use our web
                  site accept payment via paypal. Why not, if people pay by paypal (or in
                  advance) they can use their cash for vendor items instead.

                  Infoage's web access is too spotty. Anyway, we're all set now.
                • evan@snarc.net
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jul 28, 2010
                    In about two weeks from now, Infoage's dining room (big event room with the hardware floor) and lounge (where we served food at VCF) will both have air conditioning and heat.
                  • Jeffrey Brace
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jul 28, 2010
                      woo hoo !  love any progress to making Infoage more comfy. What is the plan about the rest of InfoAge concerning Heating and cooling ?

                      Message 10 of 13 , Jul 28, 2010
                        From what I recall, Fred is taking bids to install HVAC in sections of H section 9010. The L Building (9032) and the Telecom Building (9059) have central heat and air, and any place else that needs it will likely have a window unit

                        Joe