Re: [midatlanticretro] RESISTORS Flexowriter

  • Stan Brewer
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 4 8:56 PM
      Claude gave me the RESISTORS Flexowriter a few years ago.  I have located a repair manual (photo copy), but need some other parts.  Does anybody have repair parts for the Flexowriter?  I need to replace all the springs for sure.

                                            Stan

      Herb Johnson wrote:

      http://www.retrotec hnology.com/ pdp11/pdp8. html

      On the Web page I constructed about Claude Kagan's and the RESISTOR's
      PDP-8, I've added information and photos about the box of papertapes
      and manuals Claude provided to MARCH with the '8. These paper tapes
      represent his work on "Hershey fonts", character fonts created by Dr.
      Hershey in the 1960's. Check that page for details. The box of
      materials was tagged by me during my visit to InfoAge this weekend.

      Herb Johnson
      retrotechnology. com

    • Stan Brewer
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 5 6:44 PM
        Are any of the RESISTORS members of this group?  I contacted quite a few of them a couple of years ago about trying to save the old B-205 and there was zero interest.  I thought, of all the people in the world, they would have been the most interested in saving THEIR old machine.

                                         Stan

        Herb Johnson wrote:

        Additionally, I picked up the Calcomp plotter pen mechanism, to work
        on it at home and to combine it with the parts obtained by David
        Gesswein. He had these constructed and he tested them on his plotter.
        I'll return the assembly after testing and documenting their
        construction, with the hope of making more for myself and others.

        Herb Johnson
        retrotechnology. com