Re: RESISTORS PDP-8 Web page

  • Herb Johnson
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 4, 2008
      Additionally, I picked up the Calcomp plotter pen mechanism, to work
      on it at home and to combine it with the parts obtained by David
      Gesswein. He had these constructed and he tested them on his plotter.
      I'll return the assembly after testing and documenting their
      construction, with the hope of making more for myself and others.

      Herb Johnson
      retrotechnology.com
    • Stan Brewer
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 4, 2008
        Claude gave me the RESISTORS Flexowriter a few years ago.  I have located a repair manual (photo copy), but need some other parts.  Does anybody have repair parts for the Flexowriter?  I need to replace all the springs for sure.

                                              Stan

        Herb Johnson wrote:

        http://www.retrotec hnology.com/ pdp11/pdp8. html

        On the Web page I constructed about Claude Kagan's and the RESISTOR's
        PDP-8, I've added information and photos about the box of papertapes
        and manuals Claude provided to MARCH with the '8. These paper tapes
        represent his work on "Hershey fonts", character fonts created by Dr.
        Hershey in the 1960's. Check that page for details. The box of
        materials was tagged by me during my visit to InfoAge this weekend.

        Herb Johnson
        retrotechnology. com

      • Stan Brewer