Goodwill

  • Mike Loewen
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 2, 2008
      I gave up finding interesting items at Goodwill years ago, but
      yesterday I struck iron. A Data General LDM-800 line printer, which is a
      rebadged Mannesman-Tally MT661. 800 lines per minute, line matrix,
      cabinet mounted. Plus, yesterday was half-price day and it cost me a
      grand total of $5.29, including tax.

      I had to modify a power cord because of a silly protuberance in the
      socket, but...it works!

      There's another one still at the Goodwill store (minus the ribbon
      cartridge). Ya never know what you'll find...

      Mike Loewen mloewen@...
    • Bill Dromgoole
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 2, 2008
        Like this?
        http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10221&cs_id=1022101&p_id=927&seq=1&format=1#largeimage

        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 2, 2008
          wow, yes. Now I'd just need the adapter cards.
          bd

          At 12:56 AM 8/3/2008 -0400, you wrote:

          >Like this?
          >http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10221&cs_id=1022101&p_id=927&seq=1&format=1#largeimage

        • Christian Liendo
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 3, 2008
            I have a IBM PCMCIA Token RIng 16/4 card but no dongle. I can hold it for you for the next VCF. Sorry thats all I have.,

            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 3, 2008
              Mike,

              My local Goodwill store has a few old printers. I think they have been there for several years.

              Jim

                  I gave up finding interesting items at Goodwill years ago, but
              yesterday I struck iron.  A Data General LDM-800 line printer, which is a
              rebadged Mannesman-Tally MT661.  800 lines per minute, line matrix,
              cabinet mounted.  Plus, yesterday was half-price day and it cost me a
              grand total of $5.29, including tax.

                  I had to modify a power cord because of a silly protuberance in the
              socket, but...it works!

                  There's another one still at the Goodwill store (minus the ribbon
              cartridge).  Ya never know what you'll find...

              Mike Loewen                mloewen@...
              Old Technology    http://sturgeon.css.psu.edu/~mloewen/Oldtech/

              <*> Your email settings:
                  Individual Email | Traditional