IBM Token Ring Network

    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 2, 2008
      I have mentioned this before, but when I worked at IBM as a college intern
      in 1987 I used to set up token ring network demos, using IBM XT's ringed
      together. I have the software, but I am looking for the cables and cards
      if anyone has them, I would love to set this up to see if I still remember
      how to do it. The connectors were squares about 3/4" or so.
      Bill
    • Mike Loewen
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 2, 2008
        I gave up finding interesting items at Goodwill years ago, but
        yesterday I struck iron. A Data General LDM-800 line printer, which is a
        rebadged Mannesman-Tally MT661. 800 lines per minute, line matrix,
        cabinet mounted. Plus, yesterday was half-price day and it cost me a
        grand total of $5.29, including tax.

        I had to modify a power cord because of a silly protuberance in the
        socket, but...it works!

        There's another one still at the Goodwill store (minus the ribbon
        cartridge). Ya never know what you'll find...

        Mike Loewen mloewen@...
      • Bill Dromgoole
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 2, 2008
          Like this?
          http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10221&cs_id=1022101&p_id=927&seq=1&format=1#largeimage

          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 2, 2008
            wow, yes. Now I'd just need the adapter cards.
            bd

            At 12:56 AM 8/3/2008 -0400, you wrote:

            >Like this?
            >http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10221&cs_id=1022101&p_id=927&seq=1&format=1#largeimage

          • Christian Liendo
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 3, 2008
              I have a IBM PCMCIA Token RIng 16/4 card but no dongle. I can hold it for you for the next VCF. Sorry thats all I have.,

              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 3, 2008
                Mike,

                My local Goodwill store has a few old printers. I think they have been there for several years.

                Jim

                    I gave up finding interesting items at Goodwill years ago, but
                yesterday I struck iron.  A Data General LDM-800 line printer, which is a
                rebadged Mannesman-Tally MT661.  800 lines per minute, line matrix,
                cabinet mounted.  Plus, yesterday was half-price day and it cost me a
                grand total of $5.29, including tax.

                    I had to modify a power cord because of a silly protuberance in the
                socket, but...it works!

                    There's another one still at the Goodwill store (minus the ribbon
                cartridge).  Ya never know what you'll find...

                Mike Loewen                mloewen@...
                Old Technology    http://sturgeon.css.psu.edu/~mloewen/Oldtech/

                <*> Your email settings:
                    Individual Email | Traditional