Re: [midatlanticretro] VCF east 5.0 T-Shirts - Just doodling some ideas here

  • Dan Roganti
    Message 1 of 19 , Jul 31, 2008

      Yes, the list of exhibitors and sponsors would go on the back , just as before.

      I'm working on another one this week. It's one with a Teletype in place of the Terminal. I just don't know if I should use the same kid from my other one or draw in a geeky fellow on there.

      I haven't found enough funny things about Octal. Just the one good one about Oct.31, Halloween = Dec.25, December
      I could use some more funny ones about Engineering.(that would fit on a t-shirt)

      I can add the 'Grand Opening" line in place of the VCF e5.0 line at the bottom there(since it's kind of redundant).
      Is it really the Grand Opening of InfoAge or the MARCH Museum at InfoAge ?
      What should that line actually say then ?
      Something like, "MARCH Museum Grand Opening" ?

      I also have a list of other funny things to use in place on any t-shirt instead of the current ones on there.
      There's just too many out there that can be used.
      I suppose you've seen these before, it's pretty much public domain;
      BBSing is a terminal disease and I have the ANSI strain
      (A)bort, (R)etry, (G)et a beer
      All wiyht. Rho sritched mg kegtops awound?
      f u cn rd ths u cn gt a gd jb n cmptr prgrmmng
      Alcohol & Calculus don't mix. Never drink & derive.
      The name is Baud...James Baud
      E Pluribus Modem
      ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI!
      Honor thy SysOp
      Thou shalt not post messages on the BBS while drunk
      EMACS: Excavating Mayan Architecture Comes Simpler
      SCSI: System Can't See It
      LISP: Lots of Infuriating & Silly Parenthesis
      ALGOL68 programmers do it od
      APL programmers do it in a line
      FORTRAN programmers do it with double precision
      LISP programmers (do (it (with (parenthesis))))
      Oct.31, Halloween = Dec.25, December

      I can make a file with each one of these if you want.

      thanks for all the comments.

      =Dan

      Jim Scheef wrote:
      Dan,

      W@y cuil. The list of exhibitors goes on the back?

      The shirt design should also recognize the museum grand opening.

      Jim

      Message 2 of 19 , Aug 1 8:05 AM
        Dan,

        It's the Grand Opening of the MARCH Museum. InfoAge has been open for several years.

        Are you sure these designs will fit in the CafePress print area on a tee shirt? I seem to remember (and too damn lazy to look) that they limit the print area more than a typical screen printer would.

        Jim

        Message 3 of 19 , Aug 1 8:39 PM
          Ok , that's what I figured, I just didn't know what the proper wording should be.

          Cafepress actually does the resizing automatically to make it fit on the T-shirt. The preview files on my webpage may not be too scale :)

          Did you guys still want to use Cafepress ?, 'cause I didn't see the 4.0 shirts on there, I figured you signed up with some other place.

          =Dan

          From: Jim Scheef <jscheef@...>

          Message 4 of 19 , Aug 1 8:45 PM
            Stopped using CP just because it wasn't worth the effort.

            To get a VCF shirt, one must attend a VCF. Or buy a leftover.

            From: Jim Scheef <jscheef@...>
            > Dan,
            >
            > It's the Grand Opening of the MARCH Museum. InfoAge has been open for
            > several
            > years.
            >
            > Are you sure these designs will fit in the CafePress print area on a
            > tee shirt?
            > I seem to remember (and too damn lazy to look) that they limit the print
            area
            > more than a typical screen printer would.
            >
            > Jim

          • Stan Brewer
            Message 5 of 19 , Aug 4 8:14 PM
              I like "Heavy Machinery", then again I like the B-205 : ).

                                  Stan

              Evan Koblentz wrote:
              > Dan,
              >
              > Those look pretty good, but please remove them from the public-facing
              > CafePress site. I'll send you a private message about t-shirt designs.
              >
              > - EK

            • Dan Roganti
              Message 6 of 19 , Aug 8 7:21 PM
                I added the Teletype on the T-Shirt
                http://www2.applegate.org/~ragooman/files/vintage/MARCH/

                --you like ?

                =Dan

                Evan Koblentz wrote:
                > Stopped using CP just because it wasn't worth the effort.
                >
                > To get a VCF shirt, one must attend a VCF. Or buy a leftover.

              • Ian King
                Message 7 of 19 , Aug 9 12:27 AM
                  That's COOL! I want one -- Ian

                  Message 8 of 19 , Sep 8, 2008
                    Fairlane -- I have a question for you, but I couldn't find your email
                    address. Please send it in a private email to me. evan@...