Re: [midatlanticretro] VCF east 5.0 T-Shirts - Just doodling some ideas here

    Message 1 of 19 , Jul 31, 2008
      Dan,

      W@y cuil. The list of exhibitors goes on the back?

      The shirt design should also recognize the museum grand opening.

      Jim

      Message 2 of 19 , Jul 31, 2008

        Yes, the list of exhibitors and sponsors would go on the back , just as before.

        I'm working on another one this week. It's one with a Teletype in place of the Terminal. I just don't know if I should use the same kid from my other one or draw in a geeky fellow on there.

        I haven't found enough funny things about Octal. Just the one good one about Oct.31, Halloween = Dec.25, December
        I could use some more funny ones about Engineering.(that would fit on a t-shirt)

        I can add the 'Grand Opening" line in place of the VCF e5.0 line at the bottom there(since it's kind of redundant).
        Is it really the Grand Opening of InfoAge or the MARCH Museum at InfoAge ?
        What should that line actually say then ?
        Something like, "MARCH Museum Grand Opening" ?

        I also have a list of other funny things to use in place on any t-shirt instead of the current ones on there.
        There's just too many out there that can be used.
        I suppose you've seen these before, it's pretty much public domain;
        BBSing is a terminal disease and I have the ANSI strain
        (A)bort, (R)etry, (G)et a beer
        All wiyht. Rho sritched mg kegtops awound?
        f u cn rd ths u cn gt a gd jb n cmptr prgrmmng
        Alcohol & Calculus don't mix. Never drink & derive.
        The name is Baud...James Baud
        E Pluribus Modem
        ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI!
        Honor thy SysOp
        Thou shalt not post messages on the BBS while drunk
        EMACS: Excavating Mayan Architecture Comes Simpler
        SCSI: System Can't See It
        LISP: Lots of Infuriating & Silly Parenthesis
        ALGOL68 programmers do it od
        APL programmers do it in a line
        FORTRAN programmers do it with double precision
        LISP programmers (do (it (with (parenthesis))))
        Oct.31, Halloween = Dec.25, December

        I can make a file with each one of these if you want.

        thanks for all the comments.

        =Dan

        Message 3 of 19 , Aug 1, 2008
          Dan,

          It's the Grand Opening of the MARCH Museum. InfoAge has been open for several years.

          Are you sure these designs will fit in the CafePress print area on a tee shirt? I seem to remember (and too damn lazy to look) that they limit the print area more than a typical screen printer would.

          Jim

          Message 4 of 19 , Aug 1, 2008
            Ok , that's what I figured, I just didn't know what the proper wording should be.

            Cafepress actually does the resizing automatically to make it fit on the T-shirt. The preview files on my webpage may not be too scale :)

            Did you guys still want to use Cafepress ?, 'cause I didn't see the 4.0 shirts on there, I figured you signed up with some other place.

            =Dan

            From: Jim Scheef <jscheef@...>

            Message 5 of 19 , Aug 1, 2008
              Stopped using CP just because it wasn't worth the effort.

              To get a VCF shirt, one must attend a VCF. Or buy a leftover.

              From: Jim Scheef <jscheef@...>
              > Dan,
              >
              > It's the Grand Opening of the MARCH Museum. InfoAge has been open for
              > several
              > years.
              >
              > Are you sure these designs will fit in the CafePress print area on a
              > tee shirt?
              > I seem to remember (and too damn lazy to look) that they limit the print
              area
              > more than a typical screen printer would.
              >
              > Jim

            • Stan Brewer
              Message 6 of 19 , Aug 4, 2008
                I like "Heavy Machinery", then again I like the B-205 : ).

                                    Stan

                Evan Koblentz wrote:
                > Dan,
                >
                > Those look pretty good, but please remove them from the public-facing
                > CafePress site. I'll send you a private message about t-shirt designs.
                >
                > - EK

              • Dan Roganti
                Message 7 of 19 , Aug 8, 2008
                  I added the Teletype on the T-Shirt
                  http://www2.applegate.org/~ragooman/files/vintage/MARCH/

                  --you like ?

                  =Dan

                  Evan Koblentz wrote:
                  > Stopped using CP just because it wasn't worth the effort.
                  >
                  > To get a VCF shirt, one must attend a VCF. Or buy a leftover.

                • Ian King
                  Message 8 of 19 , Aug 9, 2008
                    That's COOL! I want one -- Ian

                    Message 9 of 19 , Sep 8, 2008
                      Fairlane -- I have a question for you, but I couldn't find your email
                      address. Please send it in a private email to me. evan@...