Re: [midatlanticretro] New to list

  • Richard A. Cini, Jr.
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 2, 2005
      Yes. It has two double-density drives. I haven't had time to restore the
      wood cover, which is kind of ugly.

      >From: billdeg@...
      >To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] New to list
      >Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 15:36:23 EST
      >

      >Rich,
      >I vote for the Northstar Horizon (with drives?).
      >-Bill
      >vintagecomputer.net
      >
      > >Hello, all:
      > >
      > ><snip> I was talking to Evan last night about what I might bring for the
      > >retrocomputing display <snip> I also have some unique things like the
      >Motorola >MECB, several
      > >KIM-1's, a few AIM-65's, Atari Portfolio (which I don't really use),
      > >Tandy Model 102 with DVI, TI-74. I also have a Northstar Horizon.
      >

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Bill Sudbrink
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 2, 2005
        > As far as collections, I'm heavy in micros...Apple (][, //c, ///,
        > Fat Mac, SE/30, IIci), Commodore (VIC, C64, Pet 4032), Tandy (Model
        > I). I also have some unique things like the Motorola MECB, several
        > KIM-1's, a few AIM-65's, Atari Portfolio (which I don't really use),
        > Tandy Model 102 with DVI, TI-74. I also have a Northstar Horizon.
        >
        > Any thoughts on some of this?

        I'll be bringing a Horizon, it goes with my "woodies" display.

        I usually let people run Zork on it. Not flashy, but brings
        back memories for a lot of people. It will be flanked by a
        Sol on one side and an OSI C4P-MF on the other. The Sol will
        probably be running "Space Raiders" (a "Space Invaders" clone)
        and the OSI will be running one of a couple of games I just
        discovered or one of its color display demos.

        Bill
      • macmothership
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 2, 2005
          Hey Rich,

          Good to hear a fan of Apple has joined. I'll be bringing an Apple II+, an Apple III, a Lisa
          and a 1984 Mac 128k w original packaging to Trenton.

          -Jim
          www.macmothership.com

          --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "altairmanrich" <altairmanrich@y...> wrote:

          > Hello, all:
          >
          > Thanks Evan for letting me know about this. Many members here will
          > know me from the ClassicCmp list.
          >
          > I was talking to Evan last night about what I might bring for the
          > retrocomputing display and he suggested I post a general outline of
          > my collection and see where some of it fits into what we're going to
          > display.
          >
          > As far as collections, I'm heavy in micros...Apple (][, //c, ///,
          > Fat Mac, SE/30, IIci), Commodore (VIC, C64, Pet 4032), Tandy (Model
          > I). I also have some unique things like the Motorola MECB, several
          > KIM-1's, a few AIM-65's, Atari Portfolio (which I don't really use),
          > Tandy Model 102 with DVI, TI-74. I also have a Northstar Horizon.
          >
          > Any thoughts on some of this? I do have software for most of it,
          > but the challenge would be finding something visually stimulating yet
          > interactive, like games.
          >
          > Rich
          >
          > Rich Cini
          > Collector of classic computers
          > Build Master for the Altair32 Emulation Project
          > Web site: http://highgate.comm.sfu.ca/~rcini/classiccmp/
          > /************************************************************/
        • altairmanrich
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 2, 2005
            Interestingly, I'm an Apple fan by default -- it seems that I've had
            more Apple stuff bestowed upon me by people than other brands :-)

            Actually, our school district was heavily into Commodore until I
            reached high school, which is where I encountered the Apple ][ (and a
            Decwriter connected to the local university). So most of my
            experience lies with Commodore.

            To round out the Apple display, I could bring a //gs system.

            Rich

            --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "macmothership"
            <macmothership@y...> wrote:

            > Hey Rich,
            >
            > Good to hear a fan of Apple has joined. I'll be bringing an Apple
            II+, an Apple III, a Lisa
            > and a 1984 Mac 128k w original packaging to Trenton.
            >
            > -Jim
            > www.macmothership.com
            >

            > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "altairmanrich"
            <altairmanrich@y...> wrote:

            > > Hello, all:
            > >
            > > Thanks Evan for letting me know about this. Many members here
            will
            > > know me from the ClassicCmp list.
            > >
            > > I was talking to Evan last night about what I might bring for
            the
            > > retrocomputing display and he suggested I post a general outline
            of
            > > my collection and see where some of it fits into what we're going
            > > display.
            > >
            > > As far as collections, I'm heavy in micros...Apple (]
            [, //c, ///,
            > > Fat Mac, SE/30, IIci), Commodore (VIC, C64, Pet 4032), Tandy
            (Model
            > > I). I also have some unique things like the Motorola MECB,
            several
            > > KIM-1's, a few AIM-65's, Atari Portfolio (which I don't really
            use),
            > > Tandy Model 102 with DVI, TI-74. I also have a Northstar Horizon.
            > >
            > > Any thoughts on some of this? I do have software for most of
            it,
            > > but the challenge would be finding something visually stimulating
            yet
            > > interactive, like games.
            > >
            > > Rich
            > >
            > > Rich Cini
            > > Collector of classic computers
            > > Build Master for the Altair32 Emulation Project
            > > Web site: http://highgate.comm.sfu.ca/~rcini/classiccmp/
            > > /************************************************************/
          • evan947
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 2, 2005
              Hey, the IIgs would be great. In addition to the computers Jim is
              bringing (aka Macmothership), I'm bringing an Apple I replica, and a
              Newton too. :)

              --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "altairmanrich" <rcini@m...>
              wrote:

              > Interestingly, I'm an Apple fan by default -- it seems that I've had
              > more Apple stuff bestowed upon me by people than other brands :-)
              >
              > Actually, our school district was heavily into Commodore until I
              > reached high school, which is where I encountered the Apple ][ (and a
              > Decwriter connected to the local university). So most of my
              > experience lies with Commodore.
              >
              > To round out the Apple display, I could bring a //gs system.
              >
              > Rich
              >

              > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "macmothership"
              > <macmothership@y...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Hey Rich,
              > >
              > > Good to hear a fan of Apple has joined. I'll be bringing an Apple
              > II+, an Apple III, a Lisa
              > > and a 1984 Mac 128k w original packaging to Trenton.
              > >
              > > -Jim
              > > www.macmothership.com
              > >

              > > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "altairmanrich"
              > <altairmanrich@y...> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Hello, all:
              > > >
              > > > Thanks Evan for letting me know about this. Many members here
              > will
              > > > know me from the ClassicCmp list.
              > > >
              > > > I was talking to Evan last night about what I might bring for
              > the
              > > > retrocomputing display and he suggested I post a general outline
              > of
              > > > my collection and see where some of it fits into what we're going
              > > > display.
              > > >
              > > > As far as collections, I'm heavy in micros...Apple (]
              > [, //c, ///,
              > > > Fat Mac, SE/30, IIci), Commodore (VIC, C64, Pet 4032), Tandy
              > (Model
              > > > I). I also have some unique things like the Motorola MECB,
              > several
              > > > KIM-1's, a few AIM-65's, Atari Portfolio (which I don't really
              > use),
              > > > Tandy Model 102 with DVI, TI-74. I also have a Northstar Horizon.
              > > >
              > > > Any thoughts on some of this? I do have software for most of
              > it,
              > > > but the challenge would be finding something visually stimulating
              > yet
              > > > interactive, like games.
              > > >
              > > > Rich
              > > >
              > > > Rich Cini
              > > > Collector of classic computers
              > > > Build Master for the Altair32 Emulation Project
              > > > Web site: http://highgate.comm.sfu.ca/~rcini/classiccmp/
              > > > /************************************************************/
            • ahm
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 2, 2005
                > Hey, the IIgs would be great. In addition to the computers Jim is
                > bringing (aka Macmothership), I'm bringing an Apple I replica, and a
                > Newton too. :)

                You know what would be useful to keep track of all this stuff? A wiki.
              • evan
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 2, 2005
                  Wiki's a good idea for a future web site. For now, I added a table to the
                  Yahoo group. Anyone who is a group member can edit it. I encourage everyone
                  to add a row with your name, what you're bringing, and any additional comments.

                  --- ahm <ahm@...> wrote:

                  > > Hey, the IIgs would be great. In addition to the computers Jim is
                  > > bringing (aka Macmothership), I'm bringing an Apple I replica, and a
                  > > Newton too. :)
                  >
                  > You know what would be useful to keep track of all this stuff? A wiki.

                  =====
                  Evan's personal homepage: www.snarc.net

                  *** Tell your friends about the Computer Collector Newsletter!
                  - It's free and we'll never send spam or share your email address
                  - Publishing every Monday(-ish), ask about writing for us
                  - We're approaching 700 readers: win a prize!
                • evan
                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 2, 2005
                    Oops, I forgot to mention -- to see/edit the table you just click the
                    'database' link on the left side of the group page.