Re: Hi

  • tonsofpcs
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 30 9:31 PM
      In Waldwick, it's not an urgent issue as anything I don't take can
      stay with my parents for a while, but if the community could use them,
      they'd be better off than sitting in a basement or a closet. I also
      have an Intellivision II system with a lot of peripherals, sans PSU if
      anyone is interested, and I think I still have a TRS-80 Model III
      hiding somewhere although I'm not sure (got it for free a while ago,
      when I tried powering it on, it went up in a cloud of dust smoke).

      -- Eric

      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Kelly Leavitt" <kelly@...>

      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 30 10:59 PM
        tonsofpcs wrote:
        > Hi, I joined after hearing about MARCH from the Last HOPE website. I
        > have a variety of old machines. I am planning on moving from northern
        > NJ to the Binghamton area in the upcoming weeks and will not be taking
        > all of them with me. I have a few different Apple IIs and big-box
        > Amigas that I don't think I will be bringing. Would the group be
        > interested in any of these?

        I might be interested in the Amiga stuff. What kind?

        Peace... Sridhar
      • Kelly Leavitt
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 31 6:35 AM
          You're about an hour south east of me. Not bad if/when recovery and storage are needed. I'm picking up another model 3 this weekend. The power supplies go fairly easily, but are also pretty easy to repair.

          Kelly

          --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com <mailto:midatlanticretro%40yahoogroups.com> , "Kelly Leavitt" <kelly@...>
          wrote:

          > Where in NNJ? I am in NNJ and can help with the rescue/storage.
          >
          > Evan,
          > What is the consensus?
          >
          > Kelly

          7/30/2008 6:37 PM

        • fairlanefastback
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 31 9:12 AM
            Just an FYI Amiga hardware has a very high re-sale. Especially if
            any of your boxes are a 4000. Giving to the group is a good cause.
            But if the group dosen't take it consider selling on ebay. Even a
            2000 can go for hundreds. A well equipped 4000 can get like 600
            USD. Its insane but good if you are the guy willing to sell the
            hardware. And if you have any accelerators they alone can fetch
            hundreds. If by some stroke of luck you have a Cyberstorm PPC
            accelerator they by themselves can fetch $500 as that card can run
            AOS 4.0.

            And if you don't want to deal with ebay fees you can probably easily
            negotiate quick sales to people on amiga.org. But do yourself a
            favor and check ebay to see how much pocket money you can easily get
            on Amiga equipment, like I said, assuming the group dosen't want your
            gracious gift.