DEC manuals and books

  • Stan Brewer
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 28, 2008
      Hi all,
         I am a retired DEC systems manager.  I've got a ton of books and manuals I've collected over the years.
      PDP-11 thru Alphas, RT-11 thru Open VMS, Hardware Software, etc.  Since I can only get nickels for it on evilbay, if you need anything let me know.  Also, I will be more than glad to share what I know.

                                          Stan

      Evan wrote:

      We have plenty of storage space in the H-buildings (one whole section is designated for InfoAge storage, of which I carved a subsection for MARCH).

      We also have a DEC writer. :)

      Jim / Bill / Sridhar / etc. -- if any of you want to rescue this on our behalf, that's fine with me. :)

      I personally don't have the bandwidth to handle this (truck rental and organizing manpower) until post-VCF.

      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 28, 2008
        Stan Brewer <brewers@...> wrote:

        > Hi all,
        > I am a retired DEC systems manager. I've got a ton of books and
        > manuals I've collected over the years.
        > PDP-11 thru Alphas, RT-11 thru Open VMS, Hardware Software, etc. Since
        > I can only get nickels for it on evilbay, if you need anything let me
        > know. Also, I will be more than glad to share what I know.
        >
        > Stan

        Stan, MARCH has some PDP-11 stuff, and I'm working on a MARCH exhibit
        of the oldest model we have, a PDP-11/20.

        http://www.retrotechnology.com/pdp11/

        If you tell me what early PDP-11 books you have, maybe a few of them
        could be a hands-on part of the exhibit, if they are not too fragile
        from age or use. (There's also a partial inventory of MARCH's DEC
        stuff on that Web page.)

        My preference is that you send specific items to me at my expense, but
        MARCH will end up with them. Reply privately to me about that. But if
        you would rather send it all through MARCH, I imagine Evan will work
        with you on that, and contact you in any case.

        Herb Johnson

        Herbert R. Johnson New Jersey USA
        http://www.retrotechnology.com/herbs_stuff/ sales web site
        -- old Mac, S-100, 1970's & 80's computers, 8-inch floppy
        http://www.retrotechnology.com/ retro-technology home pages
        -- S-100, CP/M history by "Dr. S-100"
        -- other old tech in iron, glass, rock
        domain mirror: retrotechnology.net
        email: hjohnson AAT retrotechnology DOTT com