My last email for tonight ... re: MARCH rules

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 27, 2008
      Message
      I'm going to sleep, long work week ahead for me.

      But: Will's point about WHY our group should have some rules has plenty of validity.

      Something that frustrated me earlier tonight was: limited resources and time, on the part of MARCH and myself, vs. priorities.

      So I propose this: AFTER the VCF, i.e. in October, we'll try to conquer a club charter / bylaws / collection policy once and for all.

      As many of you know, I write non-fiction for a living.  So the actual writing / editing isn't a problem.  The challenge is figuring out WHAT to include.  In other words, a charter / bylaws / collection policy are all good ideas, but what topics should they cover?

      I welcome everyone to send me a PRIVATE, OFF-LIST email, explaining what issues / topics YOU think should be covered.  Please be specific!!!  It doesn't help if quotes the Webster's definition of "bylaws".  Instead, tell me what YOU all personally think we need to formalize in rules, and also WHAT you think those rules should exactly be.

      Then I'll take everyone's input and summarize it for the whole group to read.

      Perhaps we can appoint a committee to fine-tune the summary, prioritize the items, group them, etc. .... it would be best if people (especially non-officers, but instead ordinary MARCHins) step forward to volunteer to serve on that committee.

      Goodnight.