Excellent day at InfoAge today

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 27, 2008
      Message
      Now that our preview room is CLOSED, I can devote every Sunday from now until the VCF East for working in our exhibit rooms.

      Today Joe G. and I spent a solid four hours there.  We focused exclusively on deciding which hardware should be relocated to MARCH's (new!) storage area in one of the H-building sections.  (There is one HUGE section under InfoAge's control, from which I recently carved a sub-section for our use.)

      The relocating of these items will be done under supervision from me, Fred, or Steve G. -- i.e. only people who we trust.  The labor will be done mostly by InfoAge's hourly schleppers.  (Who have worked with MARCH before and they understand the fragility of our artifacts.)

      Mostly these items include redundant Perkin-Elmer systems and a wide variety of large hardware that we don't need for our first wave of exhibits.

      When the relocating is complete, then one of our four exhibits rooms will be completely EMPTY.  That is a good thing!

      Pretty much everything left in the other three rooms are things that belong to our first few exhibits.  So we can simply arrange them as necessary.

      - Evan
    • Joe Giliberti

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 27, 2008
          Message
          >>> We should turn the Mailbox/BBQ into a donation box and put it in front of the first door!

          .... Except that nobody else knows what you're talking about but me .....

          Joe's joking comment refers to a large, black teletype cabinet that we possess, which is in the rough shape of a street mailbox or barbeque.  It's in lousy condition and is among the items we're moving to long-term storage.
        • Joe Giliberti
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 27, 2008
            You suck all the randomness out of my comments, you realize that?

            I've said it once, and I'll say it again. I strongly dislike you! Hah!

            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 27, 2008
              Message
              >>> I strongly dislike you! Hah!

              You've just got to remember to put a ":)" after some of that stuff.  Newbies or infrequent visitors might not get your intended tone.

              You suck all the randomness out of my comments, you realize that?

              I've said it once, and I'll say it again. I strongly dislike you! Hah!

              On Sun, Jul 27, 2008 at 11:39 PM, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

              >>> We should turn the Mailbox/BBQ into a donation box and put it in front of the first door!

              .... Except that nobody else knows what you're talking about but me .....

              Joe's joking comment refers to a large, black teletype cabinet that we possess, which is in the rough shape of a street mailbox or barbeque.  It's in lousy condition and is among the items we're moving to long-term storage.

            • madodel
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 28, 2008
                Evan Koblentz wrote:
                > front of the first door!
                >
                > .... Except that nobody else knows what you're talking about but me .....
                >
                > Joe's joking comment refers to a large, black teletype cabinet that we
                > possess, which is in the rough shape of a street mailbox or barbeque.
                > It's in lousy condition and is among the items we're moving to long-term
                > storage.

                That's good you clarified that. I would think using a USPS mail box as a
                BBQ would probably be a federal offense. Though maybe we could have used
                the donations for your bail money. :-)

                Mark