Re: [midatlanticretro] New to list

  • billdeg@aol.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 2, 2005
      Rich,
      I vote for the Northstar Horizon (with drives?).
      -Bill
      vintagecomputer.net

      >Hello, all:
      >
      ><snip> I was talking to Evan last night about what I might bring for the
      >retrocomputing display <snip> I also have some unique things like the
      Motorola >MECB, several
      >KIM-1's, a few AIM-65's, Atari Portfolio (which I don't really use),
      >Tandy Model 102 with DVI, TI-74. I also have a Northstar Horizon.
    • Richard A. Cini, Jr.
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 2, 2005
        Yes. It has two double-density drives. I haven't had time to restore the
        wood cover, which is kind of ugly.

        >From: billdeg@...
        >To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] New to list
        >Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 15:36:23 EST
        >

        >Rich,
        >I vote for the Northstar Horizon (with drives?).
        >-Bill
        >vintagecomputer.net
        >
        > >Hello, all:
        > >
        > ><snip> I was talking to Evan last night about what I might bring for the
        > >retrocomputing display <snip> I also have some unique things like the
        >Motorola >MECB, several
        > >KIM-1's, a few AIM-65's, Atari Portfolio (which I don't really use),
        > >Tandy Model 102 with DVI, TI-74. I also have a Northstar Horizon.
        >

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Bill Sudbrink
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 2, 2005
          > As far as collections, I'm heavy in micros...Apple (][, //c, ///,
          > Fat Mac, SE/30, IIci), Commodore (VIC, C64, Pet 4032), Tandy (Model
          > I). I also have some unique things like the Motorola MECB, several
          > KIM-1's, a few AIM-65's, Atari Portfolio (which I don't really use),
          > Tandy Model 102 with DVI, TI-74. I also have a Northstar Horizon.
          >
          > Any thoughts on some of this?

          I'll be bringing a Horizon, it goes with my "woodies" display.

          I usually let people run Zork on it. Not flashy, but brings
          back memories for a lot of people. It will be flanked by a
          Sol on one side and an OSI C4P-MF on the other. The Sol will
          probably be running "Space Raiders" (a "Space Invaders" clone)
          and the OSI will be running one of a couple of games I just
          discovered or one of its color display demos.

          Bill
        • macmothership
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 2, 2005
            Hey Rich,

            Good to hear a fan of Apple has joined. I'll be bringing an Apple II+, an Apple III, a Lisa
            and a 1984 Mac 128k w original packaging to Trenton.

            -Jim
            www.macmothership.com

            --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "altairmanrich" <altairmanrich@y...> wrote:

            > Hello, all:
            >
            > Thanks Evan for letting me know about this. Many members here will
            > know me from the ClassicCmp list.
            >
            > I was talking to Evan last night about what I might bring for the
            > retrocomputing display and he suggested I post a general outline of
            > my collection and see where some of it fits into what we're going to
            > display.
            >
            > As far as collections, I'm heavy in micros...Apple (][, //c, ///,
            > Fat Mac, SE/30, IIci), Commodore (VIC, C64, Pet 4032), Tandy (Model
            > I). I also have some unique things like the Motorola MECB, several
            > KIM-1's, a few AIM-65's, Atari Portfolio (which I don't really use),
            > Tandy Model 102 with DVI, TI-74. I also have a Northstar Horizon.
            >
            > Any thoughts on some of this? I do have software for most of it,
            > but the challenge would be finding something visually stimulating yet
            > interactive, like games.
            >
            > Rich
            >
            > Rich Cini
            > Collector of classic computers
            > Build Master for the Altair32 Emulation Project
            > Web site: http://highgate.comm.sfu.ca/~rcini/classiccmp/
            > /************************************************************/
          • altairmanrich
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 2, 2005
              Interestingly, I'm an Apple fan by default -- it seems that I've had
              more Apple stuff bestowed upon me by people than other brands :-)

              Actually, our school district was heavily into Commodore until I
              reached high school, which is where I encountered the Apple ][ (and a
              Decwriter connected to the local university). So most of my
              experience lies with Commodore.

              To round out the Apple display, I could bring a //gs system.

              Rich

              --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "macmothership"
              <macmothership@y...> wrote:

              > Hey Rich,
              >
              > Good to hear a fan of Apple has joined. I'll be bringing an Apple
              II+, an Apple III, a Lisa
              > and a 1984 Mac 128k w original packaging to Trenton.
              >
              > -Jim
              > www.macmothership.com
              >

              > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "altairmanrich"
              <altairmanrich@y...> wrote:

              > > Hello, all:
              > >
              > > Thanks Evan for letting me know about this. Many members here
              will
              > > know me from the ClassicCmp list.
              > >
              > > I was talking to Evan last night about what I might bring for
              the
              > > retrocomputing display and he suggested I post a general outline
              of
              > > my collection and see where some of it fits into what we're going
              > > display.
              > >
              > > As far as collections, I'm heavy in micros...Apple (]
              [, //c, ///,
              > > Fat Mac, SE/30, IIci), Commodore (VIC, C64, Pet 4032), Tandy
              (Model
              > > I). I also have some unique things like the Motorola MECB,
              several
              > > KIM-1's, a few AIM-65's, Atari Portfolio (which I don't really
              use),
              > > Tandy Model 102 with DVI, TI-74. I also have a Northstar Horizon.
              > >
              > > Any thoughts on some of this? I do have software for most of
              it,
              > > but the challenge would be finding something visually stimulating
              yet
              > > interactive, like games.
              > >
              > > Rich
              > >
              > > Rich Cini
              > > Collector of classic computers
              > > Build Master for the Altair32 Emulation Project
              > > Web site: http://highgate.comm.sfu.ca/~rcini/classiccmp/
              > > /************************************************************/
            • evan947
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 2, 2005
                Hey, the IIgs would be great. In addition to the computers Jim is
                bringing (aka Macmothership), I'm bringing an Apple I replica, and a
                Newton too. :)

                --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "altairmanrich" <rcini@m...>
                wrote:

                > Interestingly, I'm an Apple fan by default -- it seems that I've had
                > more Apple stuff bestowed upon me by people than other brands :-)
                >
                > Actually, our school district was heavily into Commodore until I
                > reached high school, which is where I encountered the Apple ][ (and a
                > Decwriter connected to the local university). So most of my
                > experience lies with Commodore.
                >
                > To round out the Apple display, I could bring a //gs system.
                >
                > Rich
                >

                > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "macmothership"
                > <macmothership@y...> wrote:
                > >
                > > Hey Rich,
                > >
                > > Good to hear a fan of Apple has joined. I'll be bringing an Apple
                > II+, an Apple III, a Lisa
                > > and a 1984 Mac 128k w original packaging to Trenton.
                > >
                > > -Jim
                > > www.macmothership.com
                > >

                > > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "altairmanrich"
                > <altairmanrich@y...> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Hello, all:
                > > >
                > > > Thanks Evan for letting me know about this. Many members here
                > will
                > > > know me from the ClassicCmp list.
                > > >
                > > > I was talking to Evan last night about what I might bring for
                > the
                > > > retrocomputing display and he suggested I post a general outline
                > of
                > > > my collection and see where some of it fits into what we're going
                > > > display.
                > > >
                > > > As far as collections, I'm heavy in micros...Apple (]
                > [, //c, ///,
                > > > Fat Mac, SE/30, IIci), Commodore (VIC, C64, Pet 4032), Tandy
                > (Model
                > > > I). I also have some unique things like the Motorola MECB,
                > several
                > > > KIM-1's, a few AIM-65's, Atari Portfolio (which I don't really
                > use),
                > > > Tandy Model 102 with DVI, TI-74. I also have a Northstar Horizon.
                > > >
                > > > Any thoughts on some of this? I do have software for most of
                > it,
                > > > but the challenge would be finding something visually stimulating
                > yet
                > > > interactive, like games.
                > > >
                > > > Rich
                > > >
                > > > Rich Cini
                > > > Collector of classic computers
                > > > Build Master for the Altair32 Emulation Project
                > > > Web site: http://highgate.comm.sfu.ca/~rcini/classiccmp/
                > > > /************************************************************/
              • ahm
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 2, 2005
                  > Hey, the IIgs would be great. In addition to the computers Jim is
                  > bringing (aka Macmothership), I'm bringing an Apple I replica, and a
                  > Newton too. :)

                  You know what would be useful to keep track of all this stuff? A wiki.
                • evan
                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 2, 2005
                    Wiki's a good idea for a future web site. For now, I added a table to the
                    Yahoo group. Anyone who is a group member can edit it. I encourage everyone
                    to add a row with your name, what you're bringing, and any additional comments.

                    --- ahm <ahm@...> wrote:

                    > > Hey, the IIgs would be great. In addition to the computers Jim is
                    > > bringing (aka Macmothership), I'm bringing an Apple I replica, and a
                    > > Newton too. :)
                    >
                    > You know what would be useful to keep track of all this stuff? A wiki.

                    =====
                    Evan's personal homepage: www.snarc.net

                    *** Tell your friends about the Computer Collector Newsletter!
                    - It's free and we'll never send spam or share your email address
                    - Publishing every Monday(-ish), ask about writing for us
                    - We're approaching 700 readers: win a prize!
                  • evan
                    Message 9 of 10 , Mar 2, 2005
                      Oops, I forgot to mention -- to see/edit the table you just click the
                      'database' link on the left side of the group page.