finally my Rainbow is on the way

  • Chris M
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 10, 2005
      anyone got one? The dude was nice enough to donate the
      thing, with monitor, and maybe a full set of DECUS
      disks, the product of a large user group. The DEC
      Rainbow 100 created alot of solidarity for some
      reason. I CANT WAIT!
      --- danocanna@... <danocanna@...> wrote:
      > Very cool. Glad the old RB will be serving a
      purpose.

      > Actually I was waiting in line at Kinkos while you
      were talking to the
      > counter person on your call before the one we
      connected on. I heard
      > her say that "he's not here yet," but could not get
      her attention to
      > see if "he" was me.
      >
      > Anyhoo...the unit is on the way...
      >
      > In the software that I gathered up is a full (i
      think) set of DECUS
      > disks. DECUS was the Digital Equipment User's
      Society, or some such.
      > They used to have annual meetings and many of the
      users would write
      > code for DEC machines. The Rainbow was a redipient
      of a lot of brain
      > power. There may be something flashy to demo at
      your display opening.
      > I never did too much except use it for word
      processing and spreadsheets.

      > Dan

      Infoage
      > center here in NJ. Were informally involved with
      this
      > organization (we being MARCH - Mid Atlantib Retro
      > Computer Hobbyists). Rest assured its going to a
      good
      > home. THANK YOU.
      > --- danocanna@... <danocanna@...> wrote:
      > > I'm barely done with the plumbing work, but it
      seems
      > to have worked out
      > > OK.
      > >
      > > I'm heading over to the Kinkos, hope that works.
      > >
      > > Dan

      protection around

      http://mail.yahoo.com