New to list

  • altairmanrich
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 2, 2005
      Hello, all:

      Thanks Evan for letting me know about this. Many members here will
      know me from the ClassicCmp list.

      I was talking to Evan last night about what I might bring for the
      retrocomputing display and he suggested I post a general outline of
      my collection and see where some of it fits into what we're going to
      display.

      As far as collections, I'm heavy in micros...Apple (][, //c, ///,
      Fat Mac, SE/30, IIci), Commodore (VIC, C64, Pet 4032), Tandy (Model
      I). I also have some unique things like the Motorola MECB, several
      KIM-1's, a few AIM-65's, Atari Portfolio (which I don't really use),
      Tandy Model 102 with DVI, TI-74. I also have a Northstar Horizon.

      Any thoughts on some of this? I do have software for most of it,
      but the challenge would be finding something visually stimulating yet
      interactive, like games.

      Rich

      Rich Cini
      Collector of classic computers
      Build Master for the Altair32 Emulation Project
      Web site: http://highgate.comm.sfu.ca/~rcini/classiccmp/
      /************************************************************/
    • billdeg@aol.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 2, 2005
        Rich,
        I vote for the Northstar Horizon (with drives?).
        -Bill
        vintagecomputer.net

        >Hello, all:
        >
        ><snip> I was talking to Evan last night about what I might bring for the
        >retrocomputing display <snip> I also have some unique things like the
        Motorola >MECB, several
        >KIM-1's, a few AIM-65's, Atari Portfolio (which I don't really use),
        >Tandy Model 102 with DVI, TI-74. I also have a Northstar Horizon.
      • Richard A. Cini, Jr.
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 2, 2005
          Yes. It has two double-density drives. I haven't had time to restore the
          wood cover, which is kind of ugly.

          >From: billdeg@...
          >To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] New to list
          >Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 15:36:23 EST
          >

          >Rich,
          >I vote for the Northstar Horizon (with drives?).
          >-Bill
          >vintagecomputer.net
          >
          > >Hello, all:
          > >
          > ><snip> I was talking to Evan last night about what I might bring for the
          > >retrocomputing display <snip> I also have some unique things like the
          >Motorola >MECB, several
          > >KIM-1's, a few AIM-65's, Atari Portfolio (which I don't really use),
          > >Tandy Model 102 with DVI, TI-74. I also have a Northstar Horizon.
          >

          >Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Bill Sudbrink
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 2, 2005
            > As far as collections, I'm heavy in micros...Apple (][, //c, ///,
            > Fat Mac, SE/30, IIci), Commodore (VIC, C64, Pet 4032), Tandy (Model
            > I). I also have some unique things like the Motorola MECB, several
            > KIM-1's, a few AIM-65's, Atari Portfolio (which I don't really use),
            > Tandy Model 102 with DVI, TI-74. I also have a Northstar Horizon.
            >
            > Any thoughts on some of this?

            I'll be bringing a Horizon, it goes with my "woodies" display.

            I usually let people run Zork on it. Not flashy, but brings
            back memories for a lot of people. It will be flanked by a
            Sol on one side and an OSI C4P-MF on the other. The Sol will
            probably be running "Space Raiders" (a "Space Invaders" clone)
            and the OSI will be running one of a couple of games I just
            discovered or one of its color display demos.

            Bill
          • macmothership
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 2, 2005
              Hey Rich,

              Good to hear a fan of Apple has joined. I'll be bringing an Apple II+, an Apple III, a Lisa
              and a 1984 Mac 128k w original packaging to Trenton.

              -Jim
              www.macmothership.com

              --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "altairmanrich" <altairmanrich@y...> wrote:

              > Hello, all:
              >
              > Thanks Evan for letting me know about this. Many members here will
              > know me from the ClassicCmp list.
              >
              > I was talking to Evan last night about what I might bring for the
              > retrocomputing display and he suggested I post a general outline of
              > my collection and see where some of it fits into what we're going to
              > display.
              >
              > As far as collections, I'm heavy in micros...Apple (][, //c, ///,
              > Fat Mac, SE/30, IIci), Commodore (VIC, C64, Pet 4032), Tandy (Model
              > I). I also have some unique things like the Motorola MECB, several
              > KIM-1's, a few AIM-65's, Atari Portfolio (which I don't really use),
              > Tandy Model 102 with DVI, TI-74. I also have a Northstar Horizon.
              >
              > Any thoughts on some of this? I do have software for most of it,
              > but the challenge would be finding something visually stimulating yet
              > interactive, like games.
              >
              > Rich
              >
              > Rich Cini
              > Collector of classic computers
              > Build Master for the Altair32 Emulation Project
              > Web site: http://highgate.comm.sfu.ca/~rcini/classiccmp/
              > /************************************************************/
            • altairmanrich
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 2, 2005
                Interestingly, I'm an Apple fan by default -- it seems that I've had
                more Apple stuff bestowed upon me by people than other brands :-)

                Actually, our school district was heavily into Commodore until I
                reached high school, which is where I encountered the Apple ][ (and a
                Decwriter connected to the local university). So most of my
                experience lies with Commodore.

                To round out the Apple display, I could bring a //gs system.

                Rich

                --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "macmothership"
                <macmothership@y...> wrote:

                > Hey Rich,
                >
                > Good to hear a fan of Apple has joined. I'll be bringing an Apple
                II+, an Apple III, a Lisa
                > and a 1984 Mac 128k w original packaging to Trenton.
                >
                > -Jim
                > www.macmothership.com
                >

                > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "altairmanrich"
                <altairmanrich@y...> wrote:

                > > Hello, all:
                > >
                > > Thanks Evan for letting me know about this. Many members here
                will
                > > know me from the ClassicCmp list.
                > >
                > > I was talking to Evan last night about what I might bring for
                the
                > > retrocomputing display and he suggested I post a general outline
                of
                > > my collection and see where some of it fits into what we're going
                > > display.
                > >
                > > As far as collections, I'm heavy in micros...Apple (]
                [, //c, ///,
                > > Fat Mac, SE/30, IIci), Commodore (VIC, C64, Pet 4032), Tandy
                (Model
                > > I). I also have some unique things like the Motorola MECB,
                several
                > > KIM-1's, a few AIM-65's, Atari Portfolio (which I don't really
                use),
                > > Tandy Model 102 with DVI, TI-74. I also have a Northstar Horizon.
                > >
                > > Any thoughts on some of this? I do have software for most of
                it,
                > > but the challenge would be finding something visually stimulating
                yet
                > > interactive, like games.
                > >
                > > Rich
                > >
                > > Rich Cini
                > > Collector of classic computers
                > > Build Master for the Altair32 Emulation Project
                > > Web site: http://highgate.comm.sfu.ca/~rcini/classiccmp/
                > > /************************************************************/
              • evan947
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 2, 2005
                  Hey, the IIgs would be great. In addition to the computers Jim is
                  bringing (aka Macmothership), I'm bringing an Apple I replica, and a
                  Newton too. :)

                  --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "altairmanrich" <rcini@m...>
                  wrote:

                  > Interestingly, I'm an Apple fan by default -- it seems that I've had
                  > more Apple stuff bestowed upon me by people than other brands :-)
                  >
                  > Actually, our school district was heavily into Commodore until I
                  > reached high school, which is where I encountered the Apple ][ (and a
                  > Decwriter connected to the local university). So most of my
                  > experience lies with Commodore.
                  >
                  > To round out the Apple display, I could bring a //gs system.
                  >
                  > Rich
                  >

                  > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "macmothership"
                  > <macmothership@y...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Hey Rich,
                  > >
                  > > Good to hear a fan of Apple has joined. I'll be bringing an Apple
                  > II+, an Apple III, a Lisa
                  > > and a 1984 Mac 128k w original packaging to Trenton.
                  > >
                  > > -Jim
                  > > www.macmothership.com
                  > >

                  > > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "altairmanrich"
                  > <altairmanrich@y...> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Hello, all:
                  > > >
                  > > > Thanks Evan for letting me know about this. Many members here
                  > will
                  > > > know me from the ClassicCmp list.
                  > > >
                  > > > I was talking to Evan last night about what I might bring for
                  > the
                  > > > retrocomputing display and he suggested I post a general outline
                  > of
                  > > > my collection and see where some of it fits into what we're going
                  > > > display.
                  > > >
                  > > > As far as collections, I'm heavy in micros...Apple (]
                  > [, //c, ///,
                  > > > Fat Mac, SE/30, IIci), Commodore (VIC, C64, Pet 4032), Tandy
                  > (Model
                  > > > I). I also have some unique things like the Motorola MECB,
                  > several
                  > > > KIM-1's, a few AIM-65's, Atari Portfolio (which I don't really
                  > use),
                  > > > Tandy Model 102 with DVI, TI-74. I also have a Northstar Horizon.
                  > > >
                  > > > Any thoughts on some of this? I do have software for most of
                  > it,
                  > > > but the challenge would be finding something visually stimulating
                  > yet
                  > > > interactive, like games.
                  > > >
                  > > > Rich
                  > > >
                  > > > Rich Cini
                  > > > Collector of classic computers
                  > > > Build Master for the Altair32 Emulation Project
                  > > > Web site: http://highgate.comm.sfu.ca/~rcini/classiccmp/
                  > > > /************************************************************/
                • ahm
                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 2, 2005
                    > Hey, the IIgs would be great. In addition to the computers Jim is
                    > bringing (aka Macmothership), I'm bringing an Apple I replica, and a
                    > Newton too. :)

                    You know what would be useful to keep track of all this stuff? A wiki.
                  • evan
                    Message 9 of 10 , Mar 2, 2005
                      Wiki's a good idea for a future web site. For now, I added a table to the
                      Yahoo group. Anyone who is a group member can edit it. I encourage everyone
                      to add a row with your name, what you're bringing, and any additional comments.

                      --- ahm <ahm@...> wrote:

                      > > Hey, the IIgs would be great. In addition to the computers Jim is
                      > > bringing (aka Macmothership), I'm bringing an Apple I replica, and a
                      > > Newton too. :)
                      >
                      > You know what would be useful to keep track of all this stuff? A wiki.

                      =====
                      Evan's personal homepage: www.snarc.net

                      *** Tell your friends about the Computer Collector Newsletter!
                      - It's free and we'll never send spam or share your email address
                      - Publishing every Monday(-ish), ask about writing for us
                      - We're approaching 700 readers: win a prize!
                    • evan
                      Message 10 of 10 , Mar 2, 2005
                        Oops, I forgot to mention -- to see/edit the table you just click the
                        'database' link on the left side of the group page.