RE: [midatlanticretro] Aug. 13 @ InfoAge

  • Kelly Leavitt
    Message 1 of 31 , Jul 9, 2005
      Bill:
      Sounds great. I'll bring a machine that can copy the 8" disks, at least
      down to 5.25" if not onto other 8" disks. I also now have a booting copy o
      LS-DOS for the model II, 12, 16, 6000 series. I am also working on getting
      CPM for these machines. Any and all tools for this line of equipment would
      be greatly appreciated.

      What type of Hard Drives do you have for the model III and IV? They used the
      same type of interface (essentially an extension of the z80 bus). These are
      essentially WD1002-HDO cards in an external case that connects up to an
      st-506 interface.

      For an unmodified model 3 or 4 you will also need a boot floppy. I'll bring
      the information (hopefully I will have time to photostat a copy for you),
      and the needed materials (a couple of blank disks). You can also call me for
      some tips on getting started. I can point you to some links on the web also.
      One greatr site is www.trs-80.com. Another is www.tim-mann.org.

      By the way, does anyone need 5.25" disks? I have oodles of NOS 5.25" DS/DD
      and DS/HD. I would like to get my money back on them. Say $2 for 10 disks.
      The DS/DD are packed in boxes of 10, the DS/HD are loose, but have sleeves
      and lables. If anyone wants some let me know and I'll bring them to InfoAge.

    • billdeg
      Message 31 of 31 , Jul 20, 2005
        I have been able to download files to a PC and then use a cable to run
        them on the Commodore as if the PC was drive 10, but I have had less
        luck actually copying files from PC to a Commodore disk. I have not
        played around with it too much however. I will see if I can come up
        with something. I already have a copy of the Little Red Reader and if
        I am successful copying to 1571 I will let you know.
        bd

        --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Mike Loewen <mloewen@c...>
        wrote:

        > I'm new to the Commodore 128 world, and I've discovered I need
        Little
        > Red Reader to copy files on the 1571 from 5-1/4" MSDOS diskettes.
        Not
        > having a serial interface, though, I have no way of getting LRR onto
        > Commodore diskette. Does one of you guys have the resources to put
        LRR on