New acquisitions

  • Mike Loewen
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 12, 2008
      My wife allowed me to bring home a couple of LMOs (Large Metal
      Objects) to keep my Model 129 keypunch company. I now have a model 29
      keypunch and a model 59 verifier, originally owned by the Berks County
      VoTech school. The machines were manufactured in 1968, and the last
      maintenance records are from 1974. Both need some TLC, but I'm confident
      I can get them running. I plan to move the 29 to my office, when it's
      overhauled. I'm not sure about the verifier - I may try to sell it, trade
      it, or maybe donate it to the museum.

      I also picked up a Heathkit TC-2 tube tester, with documentation and a
      box of tubes. There's some aluminum corrosion on the screws, but is
      otherwise in good shape. There are several articles available describing
      how to test, refurbish and calibrate these units from the the late '50s
      and early '60s.

      Mike Loewen mloewen@...